Remote Crane Controller - Pipeline
- Remotely operate the Main Trolley (MT) of the automated DSTS during the manual cycle to load and discharge containers and any other cargo from all vessels
- Remotely operate the Main trolley of the automated DSTS in a complete manual mode as and when required
- Remotely handle the gondola as and when required under the instructions of the operations supervisors
- Ensure the crane settings are according to established procedure; ensure particularly that the lashing mode is properly and timely update on the remote desk
- As and when required manually operate the DSTS crane from the cabine located on the crane itself
- Closely monitor the various notifications and warnings as displayed on the remote desk; diligently act as required or timely notify the relevant parties as per established procedures
- Register the crane stoppages as per procedures in place
- Monitor the proper execution of the work queues as dispatched by the process controllers. In case of deviation (rambling etc) proactively liaise with the process controllers to determine the best course of actions
- Participate as required in the diligent handling of OCR exceptions with the remote crane clerks
- Ensure deckmen and lashers are constantly working in safe conditions by making regular visual inspections through the DSTS cameras
- Carry out all routine pre and post inspection on DSTS and remote desk and ensure any defects are reported immediately to the Supervisor.
- At all time follow safety procedures and instructions as/where applicable
- Report immediately any safety hazards during operations and if necessary stop until such are rectified.
- Report immediately any damage sustained during operations by QC on vessel, containers or other equipment.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunction and assists maintenance when necessary.
- Maintain continuous operation by using “hot seat” changeover at shift changeover times and for Controller rest break changeover.
- As required remotely operate the automated rail mounted gantry cranes in the yards
- Actively participate in various process optimization initiatives as initiated by the company
- The key impact of this incumbent will be the effective handling of the DSTS crane to achieve targeted productivity. Responsibility for the actual operations of the crane during vessel and yard activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the manager
- The position is well defined
- Minimum three years university/college degree with major in science or related fields
- Computer literate. Good command of basic Microsoft Office software
- Excellent eye and hand coordination
- Not acrophobic or color blind/daltonic
- Excellent spatial intelligence
- Excellent visual acuity
- Excellent stereoscopic vision (sense of depth and distance perception)
- Not suffering or having suffered from computer vision syndrome
- Can be focused and concentrated for hours
- Works well under pressure
- Holding a valid driving license
- Good French reading, speaking and writing skills. Fluency in English is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, nonstop environment
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks over a long period of time
- Previous experience as professional video gamer or (former/current) member of professional gaming organization is a plus