- Shipper-Owned / Leased Equipment Fee SOC
SOC is a fee applicable to shipper‘s owned or leased equipment transported by the carrier.
- Sortie Reefer Service SOT
- The charge covers additional cost associated in providing special reefer equipment with hole in the roof and 4 doors with membranes towards the reefers to ensure that a low temperature can be maintained while loading so that cargo of container can be cooled quickly to subzero.
- Special Equipment Service SEP
- The service of providing a non-standard container to the customer. This service is applied based upon the customer’s request and is subject to equipment availability. Special equipment types: Flat Rack. Bulk. Open Top. Open Side. Collapsible Flat Rack. Please note: 1) Not applicable to shipper owned equipment. 2) This charge is often included in the price for Out-Of-Gauge cargo or specifically priced as part of the Basic Freight. Therefore this charge may not show as a separate item.
- Standard Bunker Adjustment Factor SBF
This charge covers the fluctuations in global bunker costs, and is invoiced as a separate charge to provide transparency to our customers.
The carrier will automatically apply this charge to all bookings.
- Star Care Reefer Service CAS
- Controlled Atmosphere (CA) charge covers the additional costs associated with providing a special atmosphere controlled refrigerated container for transportation. These types of containers ensure the gas mixture of oxygen and carbon dioxide is regulated and are offered in two different products: 1) Star Fresh: Active CA 2) Star Care: Passive CA Applicable when the carrier receives a request for this type of container.
- Star Fresh Reefer Service SFR
- STARFRESH is a controlled atomsphere system, being able to create a desired atmosphere inside the reefer unit. This by the use of fruit respiration AND active injection of gas produced by the reefer.
- Stuffie Reefer Service STF
- The charge covers additional cost associated in providing special reefer equipment with a hole in the roof and membrance towards ULT to ensure that a low temperature can be maintained while loading so that cargo of container can be cooled down to -60*C within hours.
- Switch Transport Document Service SWC
- This service is provided by the carrier to 'switch' transport documents (B/L's) to show new parties by issuing a 2nd set of documents. A 'switch' is used to prevent the shipper from being visible to the buyer and protects the interests of the cargo intermediary. The service is applicable upon the customer’s request for this service.