select arrow down icon
- An abbreviation for Mini Land Bridge Containers moving from a foreign country by vessel, and then sent to an inland point in the U.S. or elsewhere by land transportation (rail or truck). See also Land Bridge.
- MSI Plessey
- This barcode is a variable length barcode that can encode up to 15 numeric digits. Checksum generation is dependent on the value of the checksum parameter. The following table indicates the value of the checksum property and the type of checksum created. Setting, Description, 0, one modulus 10 checksum, 1, two modulus 10 checksums, 2, one modulus 11 checksum/one modulus 10 checksum.
- Entire listing of all cargo on board a vessel as required by the relevant local authorities e.g. customs. Same as cargo manifest.
- Marks and Numbers
- The identifying details on or of a package or the actual markings that appear on the packages.
- Materials Management
- The procurement, movement and management of materials and products from acquisition through to production.
- Merchant Haulage Service
- Service of coordinating 3rd party logistics services (Merchant Haulage arrangements) on behalf of the customer. This service is applied based upon the customer's request for the carrier to coordinate inland haulage on a merchant haulage Bill of Lading. The customer holds the contract with the haulage provider.The carrier can refuse to offer this service.
- Metric Ton MT
- Metric Ton. 1 MT = 2,204.62lbs or 35.314 cft.
- Mixed Shipment
- Shipment consisting of items described in and rated under two or more rate items within a tariff.
- Mother Vessel
- Main ocean vessel in a liner service designated to move containers from set origin points to set destination ports/points on a regular basis.