Finding the right chemistry with our customers
Creating value for the chemical industry through logistics solutions.
Creating services tailored to you
From plastics to paint, beauty to home care products and even raw food, the chemical supply chain comprises a myriad of products.
At Maersk, our experts understand the unique requirements of your business and build a supply chain solution that is tailor-made for you.
We distinguish between two overarching types of chemicals:
Commodity chemicals are produced in large volumes where price is the main influencing factor as product differentiation within commodity chemicals is very low. In Maersk, we divide commodity chemicals into three sub-groups:
- Petrochemicals are the chemical products obtained from petroleum or natural gas, it includes olefins, aromatics and synthetic gasses.
- Base Inorganics are chemical substances used as a starting material for the production of a variety of other chemicals. Basic chemicals are composed of industrial gasses, fertilisers, acids, bases and chlorine.
- Polymers can be either natural or synthetic and include materials like plastics, resin, rubber, fibres and elastomers.
Speciality chemicals cover a wide variety of chemicals and are generally known as performance chemicals, as they are used based on their performance or function. This group of chemicals is used as ingredients in finished products and to improve manufacturing processes with a wide variety of effects. They encompass two sub-groups:
- Consumer Chemicals including soaps, detergent, perfume and cosmetics. These are the products that are sold to the end-consumers, like FMCG companies.
- Other chemical substances
This group of speciality chemicals are mainly dedicated to agricultural purposes like crop protection, but other segments also include paint, inks, dyes and pigments. These types of chemicals are often produced in small volumes.
Key enablers which we build your supply chain solutions around
Together, we can build a more reliable supply chain
We focus on solving your supply chain needs from end to end, taking the complexity out of container shipping. This is why we offer solutions addressing the entire product journey: