e-Sourcing is used by Maersk as a facilitator in our sourcing process. The e-Sourcing tool gives vendors an opportunity to bid and compete fairly for Maersk business.
What is e-Sourcing?
eSourcing is a comprehensive integrated sourcing solution that encourages procurement discipline and maintain transparency to our suppliers. A.P. Moller - Maersk recommends that suppliers and partners embrace the e-Sourcing process and utilize the benefits offered by e-Sourcing tool.
What are the benefits of e-Sourcing?
- Time saving.
- Provides a simple format for submitting data online.
- Faster evaluation process.
- Clearly defined requirements.
- More transparent negotiation.
- Compete for global business.
- E-RFI (Electronic-Request for Information): Online collection of information used to shortlist suppliers.
- E-RFQ (Electronic-Request for Quotation): Online collection of quotes to either award business or shortlist suppliers.
- E-RFP (Electronic-Request For Proposal): Online collection of proposals used to evaluate and shortlist business cases.
- E-RFS (Electronic-Request For Solution): Online collection of different proposals used to evaluate and shortlist business cases.
What is an e-Auction?
e-Auctions are negotiations conducted via an online platform. Suppliers get the possibility of improving their proposals based on market feedback (e.g. rank or colour feedbacks ) and are considered to be the most transparent way of conducting negotiations. e-Auctions include both price and non-price (service level, quality, etc.) parameters to ensure the result of the auction reflect the overall best total value for A.P. Moller - Maersk.
Benefits of participating in an e-Auction
- Transparent & Time Efficient process.
- It will be clear to participants why they won/lost the e-Auction.
- Competitive Intelligence - Receive real-time market information.
- Contracts can be awarded faster.
- Removes Geographical Limitations giving suppliers the opportunity to work globally
Checklist for a successful e-Auction participation
- Ensure that you are the right contact person with the required empowerment.
- Make sure that your company provides the service/good sourced in the event.
- Make sure that you understand the requirements/specifications applied to the service/good.
- Ensure to get acquainted with the features of the system. (use the offered help - guidelines, tutorials, Web Ex training, test events, provided support information).
- If you have any doubts please reply to the invitation e-mail or via the phone number in the e-mail with any questions, concerns or updates.
- All questions must be clarified before the e-Auction begins.
A.P. Moller - Maersk might decide to provide certain suppliers with a positive or negative handicap in order to include all cost elements in the negotiation. All suppliers must familiarize themselves with the e-Auction tool. Attempts to negotiate prices after the e-Auction will not be accepted. In case of evident and persistent violation of the rules of engagement can lead to a termination of the relationship.