Maersk trade reports provide an overview of trade in growth markets
Latin America - trade reports and media coverage
"The country is at a turning point. Industrial, agricultural and commodities producers are optimistic that 2019 will be a better year after a highly challenging 2018.
Trade expected to grow faster in 2019
Brazilian trade is expected to grow faster in 2019, overshadowing what is expected to be a grim Christmas for retailers following a weak third quarter performance as Manaus, the electronics assembly hub of Brazil grinds to a near standstill.
- Brazilian imports and exports grew just 3%, up from the second-quarter result of 1%, which was impacted by a nationwide truckers’ strike that brought the country to a standstill
- Third-quarter imports increased just 3% - the lowest performance for imports since the third quarter of 2016
- Companies are now looking at integrated intermodal transport solutions, prompting Maersk to grow more than 10% in this area alone in the third quarter.
Media Coverage 2018
Desafios para Manaus e o setor varejista
”Manaus, o hub de montagem de produtos electrônicos do Brasil, está parada.”
Algodão continua crescendo e enfrenta desafios de Espaço
”2018 foi u nano desafiador, mas, para algodão, fui um sucesso.”
Maersk cresce com serviços intermodais
”A greve dos caminheiros foi desafiador para todos os brasileiros.”
Videos related to the Q2 2018 Trade Report
The auto segment is one of the sectors that is expected to grow in 2018.
Maersk is revising down its forecast for Brazilian trade growth in 2018.
Videos related to the Q4 2017 Trade Report
Perspectivas para o Segmento de Cargas Refrigeradas (Video is in Portuguese)
Sectores impactados pela Copa do Mundo (Video is in Portuguese)
Desempenho da Indústria Automobilística (Video is in Portuguese)
Impactos da Copa do Mundo nas importações (Video is in Portuguese)
Download Brazil trade reports
English language versions
"Maritime commerce can give greater competition to Colombian flower, maintaining it as a worldwide reference. We talk of roses and chrysanthemums, primordially."
Yenia Abadia, Commercial Manager, Sealand Colombia
Petals from Colombia
Colombia is the first supplier of flowers in the United States and the second largest exporter of fresh flowers to the world. Shipping of roses by sea has triggered US demand by 917%.
- Colombia continues to show sustained growth in trade of an average of 4%
- In Q3 the Interamerican market grows to 4% (7% Exports - 1% Imports)
- Main challenge: distance from large cities to ports.
Media Coverage 2018 Colombia Trade Reports
Portafolio, Exportación en contenedores cayó 4,3% en tercer trimestre
Colombia mira a los mercados asiáticos
”En el caso de las importaciones vemos un crecimiento del 4% generado principalmente por mayor demanda de bienes de consumo y recuperación del sector automotriz.”
Los pétalos de Colombia adornan Estados Unidos
”Colombia tiene más de 45 años de experiencia en exportación de flores.”