Vessel level clearance
28 May 2020
The importer was paying a high amount of Merchandise Processing Fees (MPF) on an annual basis. Administration costs and reconciliation were increasing as the company grew its imports year-on-year.
We took on the challenge and provided a solution.
- The importer was paying a high amount of Merchandise Processing Fees (MPF) on an annual basis
- Administration costs and reconciliation were increasing as the company grew its imports year-on-year
- Top tier General Merchandise importer into North America
- Received and delivered cargo from multiple origins to multiple destination ports in the US and Canada
- Partnership with Maersk for 15+ years in SCM and CHB
- Maersk Customs Services formalizes a pilot program along with a long-term road map to combine multiple Bills of Lading per vessel to a single entry
- The number of entries per Bill of Lading per vessel comes down from 40 to 1
- Maersk works closely with the authorities if any container is on hold. The other containers are released to the client, while the on-hold container is inspected.
- $700,000 savings in the first year’s pilot program. $1.5 million savings in year 2
- Reduced need for administrative and financial reconciliations