We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Egypt.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Egypt!
19 March 2020:
Our contingency is to have employees to work remotely from home. And all our employees are well equipped with company laptops, can access systems, emails and office applications via their home internet with 100% coverage.
Our counters are operational under regular office hours. However, with precautionary measure to safeguard the health of our customers as well as of our team.
In order to facilitate managing your cargo remotely, we recommend the following
- confirm your Export Bill of Lading, as Sea Waybills which are available for print from our website instead of original bill of ladings
- If you require original bills of lading, we will be happy to assist with the below options
- Subscribe to Maersk Web BL facility wherein BL can be printed in your own premises after we provide you with original blank paper to be able to print bill of ladings. For more details click on the link: E-BILL OF LADING
- Perform an “electronic release” / “Telex release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with us and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone. The telex fee is waived until further notice
- In case you are visiting one of our counters, please follow the World Health Organization recommendations on hygiene.
- Cease acceptance of cash transactions as of March 22nd at our counters
- We alternatively accept any of the following methods of payment: Bank deposit / Bank Transfers / Certified Cheques
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.