We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in France.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for France!
2 April 2020:
Following last week´s communication where due to the current health, safety and preventive measures implemented by the French Government on the Coronavirus cases, we have activated our internal protocol for safety and business continuity plan. For this we would like to inform that Maersk continues 100% operative on a Global and Local scale.
Our offices remain open and our employees have the opportunity of working from home in order to respond effectively to your commercial and operational needs. Even so we would like to share with all our customers the basic guidelines on how to operate in case the mobility circumstances changes depending on the decisions of the Local Authorities.
In order to make it easier for you to manage any situations remotely, we have the below recommendations
- Give priority to our E-com solutions for your usual transactions (booking, booking amendment, Shipping instructions, Verify copy, Shipping instructions amendments, invoice consultation, disputes, import release requests, etc.). You will find enclosed all useful links in our guide: Toute l’info illico.
Find all the useful links below
- Access Request (Click here)
- Discover our online tools (Click here)
- Get a quote (Click here)
- Make a booking (Click here)
- Vessel deadlines consultation (Click here) export then "Clôtures"
- Submit and modify your BLs instructions (Click here)
- BAD requests (Click here)
- Drop-off locations for empty import containers (Click here)
- Use our Live Chat (Click here) for urgent topics that can’t be solved via e-com solutions,
- Refer to our media "La Minute Maersk" sent every morning, for information regarding vessels closing, contingencies as well as equipment availability. You will have a complete summary of the operational situation helping organising your business.
- Considering that we may face delay on processing your requests (due to the potential impacts of the situation on our transport capacity, on terminals, on equipment availability), which we will try to reduce at maximum. We count on your understanding and ask you to avoid reminders as much as possible - this would only create a backlog that would make the situation worse.
In addition, confinement measures imply that
- Our switchboard (option 0 when you call us) will not be active. You must therefore use your pin codes in order to be able to reach a customer service agent when calling us. If you forget it, log into our Live Chat, and our agents will provide it to you immediately.
- For your original BLs for import, we propose you the below solutions
- We can receive the original BLs in our box letter from our Le Havre office where the reception of your original BLs will be done on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10h30 and 15h30. You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. For our Marseille office, a duty service is at your disposal on Monday and Thursday from 9h to 12h and from 14h to 17h. We will process your instructions as soon as possible.
- In case that the original BLs are already on the consignee’s hands, we kindly ask you to send to email@example.com the scan copy of the complete set of BLs with the mention “cancelled” written on it as well as a letter from the shipper authorizing the claimant to take possession of the goods without presenting the original documents. Once this period of confinement will end, all original cancelled BLs must be duly sent to the Maersk office in Le Havre.
- In case that the original BLs are not yet published or on the shipper’s hands, the shippers can choose the telex release option - which implies that the shipper mentioned in the bill of lading provide approval at our office of origin to release the goods without presenting the original documents
- For your original BLs for export, we will no longer be able to send these to you. We recommend that you to use sea waybills as much as possible to avoid having trouble collecting your original documents. If, however, your traffic requires the issuance of an original bill of lading, we can offer an “electronic clearance”, which means that we keep the originals with us and instruct our offices to deliver the goods to the consignee or any other party appointed by you. Your instructions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “electronic release request”.
- Finally, check payment process will not be possible. Also, we offer you two options
- A payment by bank transfer, with the exact references (booking number) of the shipments which you are paying for mentioned.
- For payments in EUR:
IBAN: FR76 3005 6001 4801 4800 1633 585
- For payments in USD:
IBAN: FR76 3005 6001 4801 4800 1634
- For payments in EUR:
- The use of our site MyFinance (Click here) which allows you to pay by bank transfer or by credit card directly.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.