Maersk Line innovates with first of its kind import service offering at Kakinada
Published on 03 April 2018
- Maersk Line offers Export and Import service to and from Kakinada port which will allow customers global reach as well as access to the Indian hinterland
- This service will also help local EXIM traders and break-bulk suppliers to expand their business profitably
- Maersk Line offers seamless availability of dry and reefer equipment at Kakinada port
- The service will enable importers of commodities such as Waste paper, wood pulp, raw cashew, chemicals, and machinery as well as exporters of commodities like Rice, Sugar, and Shrimps (Reefer)
Mumbai, __ March 2018: Maersk Line India announced the introduction of Export and Import service offerings at Kakinada port in Andhra Pradesh. This End to End service (Store Door) will enable customers in the region to reach global touch points.
With this first time offering in Kakinada, Maersk Line will be able to containerize cargo at its origin, cut out wastage and complexities of dealing with multiple vendors and help move it to port in a cost-effective manner. This will have a direct bearing on rice farmers and growers in the region that would benefit from the ease that it brings and makes customers compete successfully in key rice export markets like Europe, Mediterranean, Middle East and the United States.
Commenting on this development, Mr. Steve Felder, Managing Director, Maersk Line (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, and Bhutan) said, “We are excited to announce the addition of these services in Kakinada. This port is strategically located with Amaravati – the new capital of Andhra Pradesh being closer to the port. This will add to our hinterland coverage for regions such as Rajahmundry, Bhimavaram and Hyderabad. This is another initiative to understand our customers better and grow with them.”
End to End offerings (Store Door Service) for import and export services will enable last mile connectivity for customers in Kakinada. Seamless availability of Rice fit equipment for Rice Exports will further enable ease of doing business. By providing such facilities, Maersk line is helping to create a dynamic business platform.
Kakinada port is the main gateway port for the rich agricultural belt of East Coast of India. The exports from Kakinada include agricultural products such as rice, seafood, chemicals, oil meals, corn, iron ore, bio-fuel etc. Waste Paper, wood pulp, cashew are some the main items of import.
Maersk Line services at Kakinada will include:
- Cargo stuffing and de-stuffing at the port location
- Weekly Rail connectivity between Hyderabad and Kakinada
- Weekly Feeder service from Kakinada to Colombo
- End to End offerings – Store Door - Reduces wastage, multiple handling of cargo and handovers
About Maersk Line
Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused, reliable ocean transportation services. With employees in 325 offices across 125 countries and a fleet of more than 500 vessels along with 1.9 million containers, it has the global reach and resources to accommodate customers’ broad transportation needs.
Maersk Line in India and Sri Lanka is the leading Container Shipping Line in the region with footprints across 16 offices and close to 400 employees covering all major locations and cargo hubs.
About Maersk Group
Maersk Group is a worldwide conglomerate. We operate in over 140 countries and have a workforce of over 108,000 employees. In addition to owning one of the world’s largest shipping companies, we’re involved in a wide range of activities in the transport, energy, logistics, retail and manufacturing industries. Read more about Maersk and our business units on www.Maersk.com.
For further details, please contact –
Mavcomm Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
M. No. +91-8450977901