Customs House Brokerage in Maldives
Our Customs House Brokerage services can help you with the complexities of border controls and customs regulations. For import and export cargos. At both - origin and destination.
Local contact options
Please contact our customer service representative to include one of our Customs House Brokerage products in your supply chain.
Commercial Export customs clearance
- Custom Clearance/Agency Charges for Out-bound FCL
- Cargo going out of Maldives (please see the disclaimers mentioned below)
Commercial Import customs clearance
- Custom Clearance/Agency Charges for In-bound FCL
- Cargo coming into Maldives (please see the disclaimers mentioned below)
- Receptible charges are passthrough and payable at actual.
- For any additional/adhoc service, relevant charges will be applicable.
- This offer is not applicable for project cargo.
- Export on Re-Import basis & Restricted Items are not considered.
- This offer is applicable for General Items such as garments, apparels, man-made staple fibres, textiles, cotton piece goods, vegetable textile fibres, paper yarn, woven fabrics of paper yarn only.
- Its subject to the presence of all required clean documents.
- Non-traditional commodities are not covered by this offer.
- Commodities excluded: Metal Scrap, Wastepaper, Timber, Agri products, Personnel and personal effects, Used Goods, Foodstuff, Rejected re-import, Furniture, Traded Commodities & Toys.
- Insurance for the cargo to be covered by Consignee / Importer during transit and at all time.
- Any other statutory VAT/Taxes will be levied extra as per Maldives Government regulation.
- All Services provided by MAERSK are subject to MAERSK Group standard trading conditions.
- All the charges will be billed in USD.
- For the first shipment handling it will take at least 7 days for shipment processing and necessary code creation for billing/other system update after getting all required data/info.
Additional Customs House Brokerage servicesBeyond acquiring clearances, we also offer requirement-based consultation and procedural assistance for your cargo:
- Issuance of Certificate of Origin (COO) - You may be required to declare that your cargo is produced in a specific country, to determine whether it's eligible for entry or entitled for any preferential treatment.
- NOC from Assistant Drug Controller - If your cargo comprises of chemicals then we can help in obtaining the NOC at the port, which serves as a concrete proof for undergoing the necessary quality checks.
- Phytosanitary certificate - Consignments containing perishables undergo isolated tests to ensure that they are disease and pest-free.
- Importer Registration - We help you with the Importer Registration from the local Customs office. Without this one-time registration, Customs Entry is generally not processed by the customs.
- Duty consultation - We provide consultancy services for goods classification & duty applicable
- Export incentive consulting - We offer consultation in Export Incentive for Exports.
- Import license registration - To make imports easier in the future, we help the first-time importers in acquiring licenses from local Customs authorities.
What is required to complete Customs House Brokerage?
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Price accepted commercial invoice (price shall be provided in F.O.B term)
- Goods Declaration form (online submission via ASYCUDA World)
- Permits from relevant government authorities for goods requiring such permit for exportation
- Proforma fish export (required only when exporting of live fish or groupers)
- Copy of Export Permit
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Original Bill of Lading
- Copy of Company Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Origin/Catalogue/Literature
- Documents stating the costs borne by the buyer and the seller stated in the Pre-valuation form
- Pro-forma invoice or the purchase order
- Original of Certificate of Origin, if preferential rate of duty is claimed
- Insurance Certificate
- Permits from relevant government authorities for goods requiring such permit for importation
- Any other relevant documents.
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.
What can hold up my Customs Clearance? What is a A Pre-payment scheme? Why is registration with Ministry of Economic Development (MED) required? What is a classification number HS Code? Why do I need to provide a classification number HS Code? Who will invoice me for my Customs Clearance? I am not sure how to classify new products. Can you help? How do I set up an account?