Shipping to Tanzania
Demurrage and Detention
|All Dry||30 calendar days|
Demurrage and Detention Tariffs after Expiry of Free Time
Charged per container per calendar day
|Days||20DRY||40DRY & 40HDRY|
|1-7 days||USD 10||USD 20|
|8-14 days||USD 15||USD 30|
|15 days and above||USD 30||USD 60|
Export bookings are handled either through our website's booking module, or with our Customer Service Teams located in our local agency office.
Documentation/Shipping Instructions - All export documentation must be submitted 48 hours prior to vessel arrival.
Sailing Schedules can be obtained by requesting through TZ.EXPORT@MAERSK.COM.
For further information, please contact our Export Manager at TZ.EXPORT@MAERSK.COM.
- Timber is accepted for export upon verification of the export's permit and license as timber is still a controlled commodity.
- Copper is accepted upon satisfaction by Maersk that it is from a known/recognized origin since there are no copper mines in Tanzania.
- Chilled cargo accepted only subject to survey by recognized inspection company e.g. SGS.
- Seedcake (Sunflower or cotton seed) is not accepted.
- Charcoal is not accepted.
- No reefer acceptance in Zanzibar.
Weight / Measurement - For general information on weight / measurement restrictions please contact email@example.com .
Special Cargo - Out of Gauge (OOG), Break Bulk (B/B) and IMO cargo are subject to standard Maersk approval procedures. Please contact our customer service desk at TZ.EXPORT@MAERSK.COM with specific requirements.
Bill of lading clauses, documentation - We do not accept any CFS shipments as Nyota Tanzania Limited is not allowed to offer a consolidation product on exports.
Special Customs Requirements - No special clauses/restrictions apply.