Shipping to Panama
Customs House Brokerage
Additional Custom House Brokerage services
PRE-SHIPMENT Consulting & special product licensing
- New Product Entry - Permit Assessment VAS*
- Attorney Representation - Permit Generation – VAS*
- First Importer/Exporter - Process Advisory
What is required to complete Customs House Brokerage?
- Original Commercial Invoice stating FOB/CIF value
- Packing List (not mandatory)
- Original BL (including freight charges)
- Certificate of Origin if applicable
- Additional Certificates if applicable (Authorities, Fumigation, etc.)
- Preferred HTC per line (not mandatory)
- Written confirmation of acceptance duties & taxes pre-settlement sent by CHB before con-tainer discharge at POD.
- Note: if no international insurance amount is declared, customs will assume 1% of declared CIF value is associated to insurance purposes.
- Certificated check for duties & taxes payment.
Q: What can hold up my Customs Clearance?
A: A variety of reasons can hold up a clearance, to name a few but not limited to, would be awaiting mandatory documents, awaiting payment, customs holds, Port Authority holds and vessel delays.
Q: What is a classification number HS Code?
A: A classification number is a unique digit code that relates to a specific product and determines and determines the amount of Duty payable and the Non-Tariff Regulations required to clear the cargo.
Q: Why do I need to provide a classification number HS Code?
A: Correct classification of goods is critical to identification of cargo’s arriving into Panama and the related Non-tariff regulations required. Cargo description and technical information are required to determine the correct classification.
Q: How will I know when my shipment has cleared customs?
A:Our team will email the customer with clearance paperwork as soon as the shipment has been released from customs and is free to leave the port.
Q: Who can I contact regarding my Customs Clearance?
A: PA.IMPORT@MAERSK.COM or PA.EXPORT@MAERSK.COM
Q: Who will invoice me for my Customs Clearance?
A: Damco will raise an invoice with the local charges and expenses, as well as the CHB.
Q: I have a query regarding my Customs Clearance Invoice, who can I contact?
A:PA.IMPORT@MAERSK.COM or PA.EXPORT@MAERSK.COM
Abbreviations & Explanations
CHB = Customs House Brokerage
VAT = Value Added Tax
HTS = Harmonized Tariff Schedule
EORI = Economic Operators’ Registration and Identification
AEO = Authorized Economic Operator
POA = Power of Attorney
T1 = Transit Document which allows the movement of non-EU commodity between two customs offices (EU)
T2L = Document which proofs the EU status
Demurrage and Detention
|STANDAR FREE TIME - EXPORTS|
|Port/Terminal Names||PABLB and PAMAN|
|Valid from||1st January 2019|
|Valid to||31st December 2019|
|Charge Type||Storage and Detention - Export|
|Transport Mode||All transport modes|
|Service Mode||All service modes|
|Freetime||DAYS||Calendar / Working||Same / Next day if after|
|STANDARD RATES APPLICABLE AFTER FREE TIME*|
|From (Days)||To (Days)||Rate for 20 DRY||Rate for 40/45 DRY||Rate for 40 REEF||Rate for 20' Flat & Open Top||Rate for 40' Flat & Open Top|
|PABLB Storage||8||Thereafter||USD 22||USD 43||USD 43||USD 22||USD 43|
|PAMAN Storage||8||Thereafter||USD 25||USD 50||USD 50||USD 25||USD 50|
|Detention||8||Thereafter||USD 60||USD 60||USD 60||USD 60||USD 60|
For container reservation booking form must be filled out with complete information.
Use form from our booking service in the *website or desktop solution tool to save
valuable time and receive faster response.
Complete information needs to be filled out in shipping instructions form. For a faster
shipping instruction creation you can use our *website or desktop solution tool.
Original shipping instructions are subject to clauses for reefer and hazardous cargo type.
OOG, B/B and IMO cargo are subject to standard Maersk Line approval procedures.
For these cargo types shippers must send shipping instructions and gate in containers to port
at least three hours ahead of cutoffs. For cutoffs information refer to service cutoffs.
- Road Weight Limitation in Panama: 31,900 Kg (GROSS WEIGHT) for 20', 40' and 45'units. For units that exceed this weight, a fine will be received from Local Transit Authority according to local laws.
- Not acceptable in PABLB, PAMAN IMO CLASS 1.1/1.2/5.1 (UNNO 1490)/7