Shipping to Lebanon
Demurrage and Detention
|Dry cargo||7||(day of discharge included)|
|Charges per calendar day after free-time|
|Demurrage (dry) - day 8 until day 21 (USD)||15||30||30||30||USD|
|Demurrage (dry) - day 22 onwards (USD)||20||40||40||40||USD|
|Demurrage (RF) - day 6 until day 21 (USD)||50||80||80||80||USD|
|Demurrage (RF) - day 22 onwards (USD)||60||95||95||95||USD|
Demurrage charges are Subject to 10% of VAT .
Demurrge for Special equipment, such as Flat Racks and Open Top equipment, is considered equal to dry equipment
Any Special Agreement should be discussed with your sales representative and approved by Maersk Lebanon before being effective.
Detention does not apply at Beirut as according to Customs regulations, containers need to be gated back empty within 48 hours from date of gate out full. Demurrage agreement doesn’t include Detention
In order to process your booking, please note that all your shipping declarations should at least include the following mandatory data:
- Load Port.
- Discharge Port.
- Final Destination.
- Vessel name and voyage number or vessel's departure date.
- Shipper's full style: Name, telephone number, fax number and address.
- Consignee's full style: Name, telephone number, fax number and address.
- Notify full style: Name, telephone number, fax number and address.
- Cargo Description.
- Total Number and type of packages.
- Net weight of the shipment.
- Gross weight of the shipment.
- In case of reefer shipment; please confirm required temperature, ventilation and humidity.
- Freight basis: Prepaid or Collect.
Please note that for your final shipping declaration, you are requested to send the container number and any update on the above data within the final shipping declaration deadline. Shipping instructions can be submitted via email, fax or through our Shipping Instructions option available at our website.
Please note that the booking party will be notified of the date of Original BL pick-up, any delay in withdrawing the Original BLs will be cause a fine of 50 USD every 15 days.
For Special Equipments (Reefer, Open top, Flat racks), if matched container is not gated out within a maximum of 14 days, customer will be charged a fee of 10 USD/day and 30 USD in case of cancellation.
For Africa Shipments the below documentation should be completed before loading the container.
- No restrictions, including reefer cargo (frozen and chilled loads). However for best cargo quality upon arrival at destination, depending on commodity nature and service design, please contact our sales representatives email@example.com, Joe.Nasr@maersk.com, Gillan.firstname.lastname@example.org, Hady.email@example.com for further details.
- IMO cargo subject to prior approval by our export customer services representatives LEBCSEGEN@maersk.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMO cargo - it's customer responsibility to fix IMO labels. If not done, then our operations team will affix missing IMO labels for the cost of USD 15 per container.
- 45' containers are accepted provided stuffed in Beirut port. 45' containers cannot be moved outside port due to road/size restriction also no trucks available to accommodate such size
Weight / Measurements
- Breakbulk is not accepted.
- Maximum container capacity = 28 tons / 40' including tare weight
- Unitized OOG subject to prior approval by our export customer services representatives email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- No specific clausing is required.
- All charges are invoiced in USD. And payable either in USD or LBP.
For cash payments an amount of 2$/1000$ USD is added to the payment.