Shipping to Lebanon
Demurrage and Detention
NO DETENTION APPLICABLE FOR EXPORT SHIPMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CONTAINERS STUFFED AND LAYING At Customer's warehouse or Beirut Terminal for more than 2 weeks. (import demurrage will be applied, to check table in Import tab)
In order to process your booking, please note that all your shipping declarations should at least include the following mandatory data:
- Load Port.
- Discharge Port.
- Final Destination.
- Vessel name and voyage number or vessel's departure date.
- Shipper's full style: Name, telephone number, fax number and address.
- Consignee's full style: Name, telephone number, fax number and address.
- Notify full style: Name, telephone number, fax number and address.
- Cargo Description.
- Total Number and type of packages.
- Net weight of the shipment.
- Gross weight of the shipment.
- In case of reefer shipment; please confirm required temperature, ventilation and humidity.
- Freight basis: Prepaid or Collect.
Please note that for your final shipping declaration, you are requested to send the container number and any update on the above data within the final shipping declaration deadline. Shipping instructions can be submitted via our Shipping Instructions option available at our website.
Please note that the booking party will be notified of the date of Original BL pick-up, any delay in withdrawing the Original BLs will be cause a fine of 50 USD every 15 days.
For Africa Shipments, customer to check with local Maersk office for required destination certificates.
- No restrictions, including reefer cargo (frozen and chilled loads). However for best cargo quality upon arrival at destination, depending on commodity nature and service design, please contact our sales representatives by email : email@example.com, or by phone : Elias Geday +961 1 440067 , Edmond Jeha +961 1 440068, Tarek Abou Antoun +961 1 440066, Dina Fayad +961 1 440080 for further details.
- IMO cargo subject to prior approval by our export customer services representatives: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMO cargo - it's customer responsibility to affix IMO labels. If not done, our Port representatives will contact the customer to affix the missing IMO labels, else container will not be accepted by vessel Chief for loading.
- 45' containers are accepted provided stuffed in Beirut port. 45' containers cannot be moved outside port due to road/size restriction also no trucks available to accommodate such size
Weight / Measurements
- Breakbulk is not accepted.
- Maximum container capacity should not exceed container maximum payload.
- Unitized OOG subject to prior approval by our export customer services representatives : LB.EXPORT@MAERSK.COM
- No specific clausing is required.
- All charges are invoiced in USD. And payable either in USD or LBP.
For cash payments an amount of 2$/1000$ USD is added to the payment.