Customs house brokerage in Jamaica
Our Customs House Brokerage services can help you with the complexities of border controls and customs regulations. For import and export cargos. At both - origin and destination.
Local contact options
Please contact our customer service representative to include one of our Customs House Brokerage products in your supply chain.
Import customs clearance
- Harmonized Tariff Code Classification
- Import declaration preparation and submission
- Special Permits and validation processing
- Duties and Taxes Calculations
Export customs clearance
- Certificate of Origin Elaboration – VAS
- Export Declaration - Processing and Submission
Additional custom house brokerage services
PRE-SHIPMENT Consulting & special product licensing
- New Product Entry - Permit Assessment – VAS*
- Attorney Representation - Permit Generation – VAS*
- First Importer/Exporter - Process Advisory
What is required to complete customs house brokerage?
- Original Commercial Invoice stating FOB/CIF value
- Packing List (not mandatory)
- Original BL (including freight charges)
- Certificate of Origin if applicable
- Additional Certificates if applicable (Authorities, Fumigation, etc.)
- Preferred HTC per line (not mandatory)
- Written confirmation of acceptance duties & taxes pre-settlement sent by CHB before container discharge at POD.
- Note: if no international insurance amount is declared, customs will assume 1% of declared CIF value is associated to insurance purposes.
- Certificated check for duties & taxes payment.
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.
What is the pricing / cost of these services? What can hold up my customs clearance? What is a classification number HS Code? Why do I need to provide a classification number HS Code? How will I know when my shipment has cleared customs? Who can I contact regarding my customs clearance? Email and contact per-son? Who will invoice me for my customs clearance?