Customs House Brokerage in France
Our Customs House Brokerage services can help you with the complexities of border controls and customs regulations. For import and export cargos. At both - origin and destination.
Local contact options
Import customs clearanceStandard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT upon arrival in the country in scope to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.
- Final import customs clearance
- Simplified customs procedures
- First time importers of exporters
- Vat exemption under auroliquidation process
- Help on HS code request to french customs ( RTC)
- Delivery arrangement
Export customs clearanceStandard Declaration to Customs to gain permission to load the vessel & be exported outside of the EU.
- Certificates of origin / EUR.1 / ATR
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance
- Standard export clearance
Transit documentsA transit document allows the free movement of containers through European territories, suspending the payment of Duty and VAT until the destination.
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance.
Additional Custom House Brokerage services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk & control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Programme – Assistance with daily Customs House Brokerage activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness & guidance on FTA’s & preferential origins
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Programme from our trained specialists.
* Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size & requirement – please refer enquiries to Damco.
What is required to complete Customs House Brokerage?
Signed Power of Attorney (POA)Signed by the buyer & on Company Letter Headed paper. This grant’s permission for Damco to complete CHB on behalf of the buyer and provides the required details to enable internal account creation.
Mandatory documents required
- Signed POA
- Commercial invoice(s)
- Packing list(s)
- Classification Number / HS code
- European EORI number
EORI NumberThe buyer must have a valid European EORI. For European Customer, he should be informed with local customs how to get back French VAT amount.
Additional documents (where applicable)
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Health Certificates
- Preference Certificates
* Originals to be submitted to Transamar where necessary
You may also be interested in
Reach the full potential by letting us simplify and connect your supply chain from end to end.