Customs House Brokerage in Belgium
Local contact options
Import Customs Clearance
Standard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT upon arrival in the country in scope to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.
- Import customs clearance
- Simplified customs clearance
- Customs & sanitary inspections
Export Customs Clearance
Standard Declaration to Customs to gain permission to export outside of the EU.
- EX – A / EU – A documents
- Certificates of origin / EUR.1
A transit document allows the free movement of containers through European territories, suspending the payment of Duty and VAT until the destination.
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance
Additional Custom House Brokerage services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk & control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Programme – Assistance with daily Customs House Brokerage activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness & guidance on FTA’s & preferential origins.
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Programme from our trained specialists.
* Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size & requirement – please refer enquiries to Maersk.
What is required to complete Customs House Brokerage?
Signed Direct Representation Authorisation / Power of Attorney (POA)
Signed by the Trader & on Company Letter Headed paper. This grant’s permission for Maersk to complete CHB on behalf of the Trader and provides the required details to enable internal account creation.
Direct Representation Authorisation / Power of Attorney are between the Trader and Portmade Customs NV – Belgium.
Portmade Customs NV will submit the customs clearance towards Belgium customs.
Mandatory documents required:
- Signed Direct Representation Authorisation / POA
- Commercial invoice(s)
- Packing list(s)
- Classification Number / HS code
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
Additional documents (where applicable)
- Health Certificates
- Preference Certificates
The trader must have a valid EORI and VAT number to hold a solid audit trail with customs authority and tax office & to be eligible to claim back any potential VAT paid.
* Originals to be submitted to Maersk where necessary
- Portmade Customs NV will submit the customs clearance towards Belgium customs.
- HS code provided by Customer.
- Not included: Phyto documentation/inspections; Health Certificate; Scanning; Physical inspections; drayage, port charges, demurrage and detention, port transit documentation, classification or additional consultancy services.
- Subject to Maersk Trading Conditions.
- Use of Portmade Customs NV deferment Account is subject of capital advance fees.
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.