Shipping to Equatorial Guinea
Demurrage and Detention
|Combined D&D freetime|
|Freetime starts on the 1st day after the container discharge.|
|DETENTION - Charges per calendar day after freetime expires, applicable for both import and export|
|Type||15-25 days after freetime||Day 26 onward|
|20’||5.250 XAF/Day||10.500 XAF/Day|
|40’||10.500 XAF/Day||21.000 XAF/Day|
|Type||Day 3 onward|
General booking procedures:
The bookings have to be sent either:
- via email to the following addresses: Sales (email@example.com)
- via fax: +237 33 42 11 86
Booking details have to be submitted in writing and have to contain all valid details like:
- Shippers name and contact details
- Consignee name and contact details
- Cargo details (commodity, weight, measurement etc)
- Container size
- Number and type of containers to be booked
- Loading port
Any other important information
General Documentation Procedures
For more information please contact our Agent (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
There must be no Import Booking Acceptance for any Local Authority, Ministry or Account Abayak.
- Without prior collection of a container deposit at respective load port. The container depsoit levels are as follows 20' DRY = EUR3, 050; 40' DRY = EUR6, 100; 20' RFR = EUR4, 575 and 40' RFR = EUR 9, 150.
- Or cargo loaded on shippers Owned Containers (SOC)
- Or container sold at respective load port to the shipper (If Equipment Fleet Permits)
For general routing guidelines please refer to MEPC
Bata and Malabo acceptance: No store-door (SD) delivery is accepted.
All basic banned commodities as per agent's manual. Reefer cargo is accepted, any reefer booking only to be accepted up to "under tackle delivery" and the bills of lading must be claused accordingly.
Maximum Permissible Gross Weight is 31 tons; where Gross Weight = Cargo Weight plus Container Weight. Failure to comply with this Weight Limitation will result in the reshipment of the containers concerned to load port at full and sole costs / expenses of the offenders.
Aluminium containers and 45' containers are not accepted.
All charges without exception have to be PREPAID. Payat Currency is Franc CFA (XAF) Parity: 1 EURO = 656 XAF
Please note that all, and with no exception, Customs Authority (clearance of cargo) in Equatorial Guinea requires presentation of the ORGINAL BILL OF LADING for clearance. No copies are accepted, and thus surrender of B/L’s in a different office in Maersk Line or Safmarine office will not be sufficient to release the cargo. Please avoid collecting B/L sets at your office with the intention of release through an electronic message.
Amendments/changes made in B/Ls must be reported to Equatorial Guinea agent, receivers are liable for heavy fines if manifest is different from those stated on the original B\L.
No freight/charges collect are accepted.
Please note all local charges are for the cargo receiver, for quotation on discharge in Bata Port please address: Sales (email@example.com)