|Seaway bills are not accepted by local customs.||Unless it includes an endorsement stamp that certifies the document as an original for customs clearance.|
|Collect freight is not accepted.||Unless the origin offices request approval prior to load the cargo. This allows the local office to contact the consignee and document the approval ahead of time.|
|Local customs does not allow cargo clearance in Acajutla if the discharge port manifested is not Acajutla.||To avoid unnecessary cost and delays to import cargo, it is important that discharge ports are used properly:
|Special Cargoes: Out of Gauge (OOG) and Hazardous cargo are not accepted.||Unless it is subject to standard MaerskLine approval procedure prior to loading.|
|Dummy BL’s are not allowed in the country||In the case of Acajutla, container will remain on board, if manifest is not completed 24hrs prior to vessel arrival to port. In the case of Santo Tomas, port authorities allow for discharge but BL must be updated within 72 working hours after vessel arrival. Otherwise, cargo is declared abandon.|
|Weight restrictions||For cargo discharged in Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala,please refer to Guatemala’s local website for information on weight control|
Shipping to El Salvador
Demurrage and Detention
Combined Demurrage and Detention (IMPORT)
|Types||Dry||Flat & Open top||REEF||IMO|
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’ / 40’hc
|Flat & Open top||20’ REEF||40’ REEF||IMO||Shipper’s owned|
|As from 11th day to 14th day||150||150||200||200||150||150|
|As from 15th day to 21th day||160||160||160||200||200||160|
|As from 22th day onwards||170||170||170||200||200||170|
- Arrival notices are faxed to consignees no later than 24 hours prior to vessel arrival at port.
- After an arrival notice is received by the customer, it is kindly requested that the following documentation is provided to our local import department for dispatch arrangements:
- Original bill of lading.
- Complete request in the form provided locally.
- For food products, reefer and hazardous cargo, it is also required that the customer provides the proper permits additional to the above documentation.
- Fumigation payment for discharge in Acajutla
The above mentioned documentation must be delivered personally at our offices.