Shipping to Egypt
Customs House Brokerage
Local contact options
Contact Ahmed.Habib@maersk.com to include one of our Customs House Brokerage products in your supply chain.
Our Customs Team are always happy to answer any query you may have in relation to customs clearance, one of our licenced customs brokers can be contacted on email@example.com.
|Import Customs Clearance||Transit Documents|
|Standard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT after physical inspection and GOEIC approvals, to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.||A transit document don’t allows the free movement, while it request inspection and paying L/G to customs instead of cash duties until the shipment arrives to the destination.|
||A transit document don’t allows the free movement, while it request inspection and paying L/G to customs instead of cash duties until the shipment arrives to the destination|
Additional Custom House Brokerage services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk & control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Programme – Assistance with daily Customs House Brokerage activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness & guidance on FTA’s & preferential origins.
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Programmed from our trained specialists.
- Legalized Commercial invoice(s)
- Packing list(s)
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Health Certificates
- Preference Certificates
* Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size & requirement – please refer enquiries to Maersk CHB team
What is required to complete Customs House Brokerage?
Signed Power of Attorney (POA)
Mandatory documents required: EORI Number Not needed Additional documents (where applicable) * Q: What is the Pricing / Cost of these services? CHB =Customs House Brokerage
*Originals MUST be submitted to Maersk CHB team
A:please refer enquiries to Maersk CHB team.
Q: What can hold up my Customs Clearance?
A:import needs the country to develop this first, but export nothing can hold us.
Q: What is an EORI Number and how do I get one?
A:N/A in Egypt
Q: What is a classification number HS Code?
A:its international one, but needs to be clearly mentioned in the commercial invoice so the customs apply same.
Q: Why do I need to provide a classification number HS Code?
A:to apply the correct duties otherwise customs will have to revert to their historical data!
Q: : How will I know when my shipment has cleared customs?
A:priniting the approved and stamped release order.
Q: Who can I contact regarding my Customs Clearance?
A: Maersk CHB team
Q: Who will invoice me for my Customs Clearance?
A:Damco will invoice for CHB activities until further notice.
Q: : I have a query regarding my Customs Clearance Invoice, who can I contact?
A:Maersk CHB team.
Abbreviations & Explanations
VAT = Value Added Tax
EORI = Economic Operators’ Registration and Identification
HTS = Harmonized Tariff Schedule
AEO= Authorized Economic Operator
POA = Power of Attorney
T1= Transit Document which allows the movement of non-EU commodity between two customs offices (EU)
T2L =Document which proofs the EU status
Additional documents (where applicable) * Q: What is the Pricing / Cost of these services? CHB =Customs House Brokerage
Q: What is the Pricing / Cost of these services? CHB =Customs House Brokerage
Demurrage and Detention
|Import Local Charges 2018||Alexandria||Port Said East||Port Said West||Damietta||Sokhna|
|Rates in USD||Rates in USD||Rates in USD||Rates in USD||Rates in USD|
|Free Out (Dry)||190||270||270||270||180||230||230||230||140||230||230||230||175||280||280||280||210||280||280||380||Per Container|
|Free Out (Reefer)||200||290||290||190||250||250||150||240||240||185||330||330||220||300||300||Per Container|
|Free Out (Special Equipment)||245||445||445||460||520||520||295||590||590||350||650||650||300||400||400||Per Container|
|Free Out (IMO)||230||370||370||530||210||340||340||530||200||400||400||530||300||530||530||530||250||350||350||530||Per Container|
|DDF Per B/L||10||10||10||10||10||Per B/L|
|Storage (dry) - day 8 to 14||13||25||25||25||7||14||14||14||Per Container|
|Storage (dry) - day 15 to 21||16||32||32||32||13||26||26||26||Per Container|
|Storage (dry) - day 22 onwards||20||38||38||38||16||29||29||29||Per Container|
|Storage (RF) , (IMO) - day 8 to 14||13||25||25||25||Per Container|
|Storage (RF) , (IMO) - day 15 to 21||16||32||32||32||Per Container|
|Storage (RF) , (IMO) - day 22 onwards||20||38||38||38||Per Container|
|Storage (IMO) at Port Said East Only- day 1 to 14 (No free time)||10||20||20||20||Per Container|
|Storage (IMO) at Port Said East Only - day 15 onwards||15||30||30||30||Per Container|
|Storage (special equipment) - day 8 to 14||15||30||30||25||7||14||14||14||Per Container|
|Storage (special equipment)- day 15 to 21||30||60||60||60||13||26||26||26||Per Container|
|Storage (special equipment) - day 22 onwards||30||60||60||60||16||29||29||29||Per Container|
|Reefer power per day (1-21 days)||28||28||28||0||22||26||26||0||Per Container|
|Reefer power per day (22 onwards)||32||32||32||0||30||30||30||0||Per Container|
|Demurrage (dry) - day 6 to14 (USD)||30||50||50||50||30||50||50||50||30||50||50||50||30||50||50||50||30||50||50||50||Per Container|
|Demurrage (dry) - day 15 to 21||40||80||80||80||40||80||80||80||40||80||80||80||40||80||80||80||40||80||80||80||Per Container|
|Demurrage (dry) - day 22 onwards||70||130||130||130||70||130||130||130||70||130||130||130||70||130||130||130||70||130||130||130||Per Container|
|Demurrage (RF) - day 6 to 14 (USD)||50||85||85||85||50||85||85||85||50||85||85||85||50||85||85||85||50||85||85||85||Per Container|
|Demurrage (RF) - day 15 to 21 (USD)||75||135||135||135||75||135||135||135||75||135||135||135||75||135||135||135||75||135||135||135||Per Container|
|Demurrage (RF) - day 22 onwards (USD)||100||175||175||175||100||175||175||175||100||175||175||175||100||175||175||175||100||175||175||175||Per Container|
|Demurrage (dry) - day 4 onward (USD) Special Eq.||75||150||150||150||75||150||150||150||75||150||150||150||75||150||150||150||75||150||150||150||Per Container|
Import service restrictions
- Customs authorities in Egypt decided to ban the Following imports from Japan; food stuff, plants, Agricultural products, raw material, scrap and used auto spare & Other imports/commodities Should be subject to. Radio-active check.
- Radio-active check is applied for the following Commodities;
- “food stuff, plants, agricultural products, raw Material, scrap and used auto spare”
Which loaded from “ China-Hong Kong-Taiwan-North -Korea –South Korea “
- Radio-active check is applied for the following Commodities;
- Cigarettes: Cigarettes bookings are not accepted to Egypt
- Through Bills of Lading are not accepted in Egypt, All inland delivery is arranged as merchant haulage. For information about sell rates of VAS services please visit the MLOG enable LHP"
- Consolidated cargo not accepted in EGPSD (SCCT)
- Used computer monitors/accessories that were produced before year 2009 will not be allowed into the country by the Egyptian customs, and the cargo will be rejected/ neglected.
- Imo Cargo should be approved By Destination office prior loading
Weight / Measurements
- Breakbulk is not accepted.
- Alexandria Terminal 1 maximum crane capacity is 32 MT.
- All equipment is accepted except for 45' reefer.
Bill of lading clausing
- All inbound bills of lading should be updated with the following clause:
- Free Out - "All discharging costs & other costs up to / including loading empty is for account & risk of merchant"
- In transit to Libya No acceptance of cargo "In transit to Libya" or consigned to Libyan consignees.
Cargo In-Transit to Libya clause is not acceptable and has been banned by the Libyan/Egyptian authorities and will be considered as act of smuggling except for cargo originating from a country with a shared border with Libya
Bill of lading General Requirements
- All bills of lading must show consignee's full name and address including phone number and, where possible, fax number.
- All consignments bound to Egypt must have an Egyptian recipient otherwise cargo will be subject to a customs fine of USD 250.
- Deadline for any amendment in the bill of lading, cargo destination, cargo weight etc...is 3 days prior to vessel arrival to avoid customs fines.
- "Full Liner Terms" is not applicable.
- Seal Number to be mandatory element to be contained in the shipping instructions submitted information not complete or declared may result in shipping instructions being rejected and this may impact the timeline for achieving loading pre-requisites:
- Seal number to be set mandatory to avoid the Seal mismatch and avoid delays in manifest submission.
The Mandatory Data Element are as follows:
- Seal Number
- Seal Type
- Both prepaid and collect freight are acceptable in USD / EUR .