Shipping to Colombia
Demurrage and Detention
STANDARD FREE TIME - IMPORTS
Valid from: 01 January 20128
Valid to: 31 December 2018
Charge Type: Import - Combined D&D
STANDARD RATES APPLICABLE AFTER FREE TIME*
|From (Days)||To (Days)||Rate for 20 DRY||Rate for 40/45 DRY||Rate for 20 REEF||Rate for 40 REEF||Rate for 20' Flat & Open Top||Rate for 40' Flat & Open Top||IMO 20'||IMO 40'|
|Tier 1||12||20||USD 120||USD 120|
|Tier 2||21||Thereafter||USD 175||USD 175|
|Tier 1||6||14||USD 150||USD 150||USD 150||USD 150||USD 120||USD 120|
|Tier 2||15||Thereafter||USD 225||USD 225||USD 225||USD 225||USD 175||USD 175|
NOR's are considered under REEF freetime (5 days) and will have a chargeable amount equal to REEF cargo.
Import services procedures
- Freight currency payment: For payment in Colombian pesos, use the "Tasa Representativa del Mercado (T.R.M)" of the payment day plus COP 15.00 (Colombian pesos).
- For dry cargo, prepaid and collect payment both are acceptable, except household, which must be prepaid.
|THC||Terminal Handling charge Destination||usd100||usd100||usd100||per container|
|DDF||Destination Documentation Fee||usd30||usd30||usd30||per BL|
|CLF||Collection fee||usd40||usd40||usd40||per BL||If freight is pay via transfer in our account in NY, it doesn’t apply|
|BLF||OBL issuance||usd30||usd30||usd30||per BL||If OBL is issued through our web page, it does not apply|
|Freetime||10 days||10 days||10 days||calendar days / 10 days for special equipment
||Drop off Bogota - Medellin||usd200||usd400||n/a||per container||subject to monthly information
|Drop off Cali||usd100||usd200||n/a||per container||subject to monthly informat\ion|
|CER||Certification||usd25||usd25||usd25||per BL||if certification is issued through our web page, it doesn’t apply|
Import Drop off Process
For import drop off please follow the indications of below document.
- Local Consignee and Notify Party is required in Colombia.
- Commodities acceptance: Car and motorcycle used spare parts and used cars cannot be imported to Colombia.
- Weight / Measurement: Weight must be in kilos and measurement limited according capacity of container. Cargo manifested in pounds (libras) cannot be discharged.
- Bills of Lading clausing, documentation: Seaway bill/ Telex release is not acceptable by local customs.
- No dummy Bills of Lading (there is information that is not complete: shipper / consignee, telephone, fax, contact) are accepted by authority (customs) for any purpose.
- Original Bills of Lading is necessary to release cargo before customs authorities, cargo cannot be released without an original bill of lading. If bill printed at origin shipper must send to consignee at least one (1) Original Bills of Lading in order to release import cargo.
- Customs regulation: Description of the commodity (no commercial names), weight, measurement, marks, also all information in the Bills of Lading presented by the consignee and the manifest presented by Maersk Line to customs, must be precise and there must be not differences between these documents. Discrepancies means fines.
- Foreign consignees are not allowed, for those documents consigned TO THE ORDER, Bills of Lading must be printed at origin and duly endorsed by shipper, also must be notified to the Maersk Origin.
- Amendments CAN’T be done once cargo has been manifested because it is not allowed by local customs. If the ETA of cargo is less than 48 hours import desk firstname.lastname@example.org must authorize any amendment request.
- No collect charges accepted by destination for humanitarian help and diplomatic cargo.
- Shortshipments are not allowed for cargo to Colombian ports.