Shipping to Central African Republic
Demurrage and Detention
|Import Demurrage (valid as from 01 January 2011)|
|Dry cargo (1)||18 calendar day (Count day of Dicharge)|
|Reefer cargo||10 calendar Days (Count day of Discharge)|
|DEMURRAGE - Charges per calendar day after freetime expires, applicable for import and not subject to VAT|
|20' dry container||Day 1-11||Xaf 5800|
|Day 12 onwards||Xaf 10600|
|40' dry container||Day 1-11||Xaf 11600|
|Day 12 onwards||Xaf 21200|
|20’reefer container||Day 3 onwards||Xaf 37500|
|40’reefer container||Day 3 onwards||Xaf 75000|
|Import Detention (valid as from 01 January 2011)|
|Dry cargo (1)||40 calendar day (Day after Gateout Full)|
|Reefer cargo||20 calendar Days (Day after Gateout Full)|
|Export Detention (valid as from1 December 2014)|
|Freetime starts on the 1st day after the container has left the terminal|
|Dry cargo (1) (3)||45 days|
|Reefer cargo (2)||45 days|
|DETENTION - Charges per calender day after freetime expires, applicable for import and export and subject to VAT (4)|
|20' dry container||Day 1-9999||Xaf 7400|
|40' dry container||Day 1-9999||Xaf 15000|
|20’reefer container||Day 1-9999||Xaf 37500|
|40’reefer container||Day 1-9999||Xaf 75000|
General booking procedures:
The bookings have to be sent either:
- via email to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via fax: +237 33 42 11 86
Booking details have to be submitted in writing and have to contain all valid details like:
- Shippers name and contact details
- Consignee name and contact details
- Cargo details (commodity, weight, measurement etc)
- Container size
- Number and type of containers to be booked
- Loading port.
Any other important information
General Documentation Procedures:
The Original Bills of Lading (OBLs) well endorsed by consignee must be presented to Maersk Cameroon before taking Delivery Order
Direct Bill of lading is accepted for delivery Bangui. Transit time from Douala to Bangui is approximately 17 Days:
- 7 days layover in Douala for customs purpose (subject to documents received in time)
- 10 days trucking in convey from Douala to Bangui road station.
Please note delay may occur during rainy season (April - September).
Weight / Measurement
Cargo must be less than or equal to 22 tons for 20' dry container and less than or equal to 28 tons for 40' dry container.
- Out of Gauge and Break bulk shipments are subject to Maersk’s approval.
- No reefer acceptance to Central African Republic
- Port of discharge is Douala
- Delivery service is CY.
No acceptance of aluminium containers, reefer containers and 45' containers.
Payment / currency
- All charges have to be prepaid at origin.
- No freight collection in Bangui / Douala except subject to CMRSALMNG's approval. Mailto: email@example.com
- The payment currency is Franc CFA, 1 EURO = 656 FCFA
For inbound cargo, all commercial papers (invoices and packing list) to be faxed to +237 33 42 11 86 to the attention of import documentation service prior cargo discharge in Douala in order to proceed at customs.