Shipping to Brazil
Customs House Brokerage
|Export Customs Clearance||Transit Documents|
|Standard full export customs clearance process
||A transit document allows free movement of cargo and containers trough Brazilian territories, suspending the payment of duty and VAT until the destination|
Additional Custom House Brokerage services
- Duty Recovery and Savings
- Certificate of Origin applying
- Auditing and KPI reports
- Cloud service for documentation storage
What is required to complete Customs House Brokerage?
- Signed Power of Attorney (POA)
Signed Power of Attorney by importer or exporter on company letter headed paper and notarized document; This will grant permission to complete CHB process.
- Radar Register
Screenshot evidence of accomplished registering; Include Damco as exporter/or importer representative on Customs System
- Marinha Mercante Register (scanned copy of RG/CPF from POA)
Enable Damco as representative on Marinha Mercante website in order to be able to pay taxes on importer’s behalf;
- Certified copy of Company’s Registration;
- Copy of VAT Certificate/Tax ID = CNPJ;
- Electronic POA uploaded to Damco in e-CAC (BR digital Customs portal for queries);
- Signed POA
- Comercial Invoice (s)
- Packing List (s)
- Classification Number/ HTS (NCM)
- Original Bill of Lading (for imports and Booking for exports)
Additional Documents (where applicable)*
- Health Certificates
- Preferences Certificates
Q: What is the Pricing / Cost of these services?
A: Please refer to the pricing schedule presented to you
Q: What can hold up my Customs Clearance?
A: A variety of reasons can hold up a clearance, to name a few but not limited to, would be awaiting mandatory documents, awaiting payment, customs holds, Port Authority holds and vessel delays.
Q: What is Radar?
A: Radar is a mandatory license on Brazilian Customs system for those who wish to export or import in Brazil. There are different levels of permission and pre-established amount of goods that a company can export or import and usually that will depend on the size of the company.
Q: What if I do not have Radar?
A: Customer can apply directly to Brazilian Customs or request consultancy services to Damco.(this is subject to a % transnational charge, and credit checks may be required).
Q: What stands for e-CAC?
A: e-Virtual Center for support on tax payer, this is the digital support from Brazilian Customs in order to initiate queries, amendment process and follow up on queries
Q: What does DTA mean?
A: DTA stands for “Declaração de Trânsito Aduaneiro” refers to permission request to Brazilian Customs and given based on DTA issuance document to be utilized on inland transportation were duty and VAT are suspended during the transfer process from primary zone to secondary zone. E.G.: from port to EADI.
Q: What is DUE?
A: DUE stands for “Declaração Única de Exportação” , this is the export customs clearance declaration on newly released version in Brazil that replaces RE “Registro de Exportação” and DDE “Declaração de Desembaraço de Exportação”.
Q: What does EADI mean?
A: EADI stands for “Estação Aduaneira de Interior” and it’s commom referred as secondary bonded zone as well.
Q: Who will invoice me for my Customs Clearance?
A: Damco will raise invoice for all Customs related costs
Abbreviations & Explanations
CHB = Customs House Brokerage
VAT = Value Added Tax
EORI = Economic Operators’ Registration and Identification
HTS = Harmonized Tariff Schedule
AEO = Authorized Economic Operator
POA = Power of Attorney
T1 = Transit Document which allows the movement of non-EU commodity between two customs offices (EU)
T2L = Document which proofs the EU status
Your cotton is ready to see the world
Integrated logistics solution to export your cotton to Europe and Asia
Exporting your cotton to Europe and Asia seamlessly is a reality now. With our integrated logistics solution, you get a single partner who takes care of your entire supply chain ensuring that your goods are delivered safely and on schedule.
From Sao Bernardo do Campo, we take the responsibility of everyting related to logistics so that you have fewer things to worry about.
Our integrated logistics solutions
- Cargo receipt/cross-docking
- Container stuffing
- Transport to the port
- Add-on services like fumigation and Customs House Brokerage
- Origin: Sao Bernardo do Campo, SP
- Rail Destination: Santos
- Equipment Type: 40HC
To know more, please contact
Cel. +55 11 941398838
Demurrage and Detention
Export Detention / from empty pick-up to gate-in Full at terminal or gate-in Empty at terminal (when not loaded)
Tariff in USD:
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’ / 45’ DRY||20’ Flat & Open top||40’ Flat & Open top||20’ REEF||40’ REEF||IMO|
|> 10||50||100||100||100||Same as SPECIAL|
- NOR same as Reef
“Regarding export operations, in the event of cancellation or withdrawal of the operation/shipment, no free time period shall be granted, and the Merchant shall bear all detention rates, from the date the container (s) was (were) received, until the actual return of the container (s) in the Depot Terminal indicated by Carrier or its agent.
In addition, it will be applied cancellation fee of BRL 200 per container.
Full Demurrage and detention conditions/tariffs registered in the Documents Registry Notary Office in the city of Santos, under numbers 714.049; 714.050; 714051.”
BL amenment can only be submitted via our website. You can find the instructions to submit an amendment on My Maersk in this link
- COD with the same country of the POD its not necessary LOI (if there is no Consignee change)
- COD - If country of the POD was changed, then request LOI
- Amendments involving Shipper change (except for small changes that will not change CNPJ nor name), Split or Combine reject and send DCC requesting LOI if vessel already left. In case vessel didn't departure yet we just change
Possible scenario I
- After vessel sailing (left as from ETD - 1st day), amendments involving DUE,RUC, MRUC, CNPJ, NCM, weight, quantity of packages, CBM, container, consignee, seal, freight mean of payment or charges, then reject and send DCC to the costumer. In thic case LOI and BRL 700 (amendment fee) will be requested to the Customer.
Possible scenario II
- After vessel sailing (left as from ETD - 1st day) and also (left as from ETD 7st day) amendments
- involving adress, punctuation, graphic accentuation, notify. (Minor changes in the Cargo description) DCC should be sent, charge BRL 350, it not necessary request LOI to the customer.
- Split or combine only after br.PRONTIFICACAO approval.
- Other changes can be processed and charged if vessel has already sailed.
Transport certificate (CER) - BRL 350 por BL
Routing and weight:
For general information of routing guidelines or weight and measurement restrictions please check it with our customer service department.
Some hazardous cargo must have previous authorization from port authorities. Please check it with our customer service department – BR.Export@maersk.com
Receipt / Delivery:
Receipt acceptance from port areas only in Brazil.
No CFS accepted.