Shipping to Benin
To ensure smooth end-to-end delivery of your products, we offer strong inland transportation services in one single transaction. Our inland services connect key inland service points and major container ports with each other and to the rest of the world.
Supported inland service modes in Benin
Barge provides additional opportunities to utilize water service into points not accessible by large main liner vessels.
Trucks provide flexible point-to-point service, delivering small loads over short to long distances over widely dispersed geographic areas.
Thru Bill of Lading
Thru Bill of Lading (TBL) to Niger
Inclusive(covered by our IHI tariff)
- All standard formalities from discharge to delivery: Forwarding, Transit Clearance and Inland Haulage from Port to Inland Terminal/Customs Depot
- FGR (Road Guarantee Fund/Tax) for a maximum CIF Cargo value of EUR 30.000 per Container for Benin
- Insurance up to EUR 50.000 per container
Exclusive (not covered by our IHI tariff)
- FGR for Benin (Road Guarantee Fund/Tax) for CIF Cargo if value exceeding EUR 30.000 per Container. 0.25% of CIF value is applicable to be collected from customer
- FGR for Niger (0.25% of CIF value). Cost is debited to customer.
- RSC (Redevance de Sécurisation des Corridors) for all cargo in transit in Benin : 0,5 % of cargo value to be collected from customer.
- Used Vehicles only: Customs Charges of EUR 260/vehicle to be collected from customer.
- Demurrage, and terminal Storage in port occurring as a result of late and/or incomplete documentation. See details as follows:
|Type of charges/amount in XOF
1 EURO= 656 XOF
|Storage (If any)||982 xof /day/container from 09 days to 13 days||982 xof /day/container from 09 days to 13 days||982 xof /day/container from 09 days to 13 days|
|1,962 xof /day/container from 14 days to 18 days||1,962 xof /day/container from 14 days to 18 days||1,962 xof /day/container from 14 days to 18 days|
|3,925 xof /day/container from 19 days onwards||3,925 xof /day/container from 19 days onwards||3,925 xof /day/container from 19 days onwards|
|Demurrage (If any)||4,800 xof /day/container from 12 days to 21 days||9,600 xof /day/container from 12 days to 21 days||9,600 xof /day/container from 12 days to 21 days|
|8,800 xof /day/container from 22 days onwards||17,600 xof /day/container from 22 days onwards||17,600 xof /day/container from 22 days onwards|
- Container Detention and truck storage occurring at destination on account of consignee due late cargo removal. See details as follows:
|Type of charges/amount in XOF
1 EURO= 656 XOF
|Detention||6,000 xof /day/container||12,000 xof/day/container||12,000 xof/day/container|
|Truck storage||20,000 xof /day/truck from 6 to 7 days||20,000 xof /day/truck from 6 to 7 days||20,000 xof /day/truck from 6 to 7 days|
|40,000 xof/day/truck from 8 days onwards||40,000 xof/day/truck from 8 days onwards||40,000 xof/day/truck from 8 days onwards|
- Border crossing formalities fees (Carnet de TRIE, Phytosanitary Certificate, Soniloga, Stamp); see details as follows:
|Type of charges||All type/size of container|
|Carnet de Trie||Niamey :40000 xof per BL ; Agadez:171750 xof per BL ; Dosso: 40,000 xof per BL;Arlit:203750 xof per BL; Maradi: 103750 xof per BL; Tahoua:115750 xof per BL; Diffa:210750 xof per BL; Zinder:168750 xof per BL|
|Phyto sanitary certificate||500 xof per tonne|
|Soniloga||22,800 xof per vehicle|
|Stamp||25,000 xof per vehicle|
Required Documentation for TBL
11. Commercial Invoice
12. Vehicle License for 2nd hand vehicles
13. Packing List
14. Import License for Pharmaceuticals
15. Benin and Niger ECTN(BESC in French)
16. Original B/Ls or Telex Release
Above documents must be delivered to Maersk Benin at least 7 days before vessel arrival by email to Leila, Leilatou.Sake@maersk.com with copy to FABRICE.KPESSOU.Agueh@maersk.com, Frederic.Keke@maersk.com, Ahmed.Orounla@maersk.com, Bienvenu.Orounla@maersk.com and Gilles.Togan@maersk.com;
Terms & Conditions
- Delivery Terms are FOT (Free-on-Truck), any destination handling fee is payable by the consignee
- Consignees are granted five (5) calendar days free time for truck to customs clear and unload cargo
- Detention accrued on account of the consignee is required to be settled by the consignee prior to release
- Cargo is transported to designated customs authorities depots/dry ports at the respective destinations
- Cargo weight will be determined by weighting bridge. Any difference between weight bridge and documentation is subject to huge fines by authorities.
|Inland Hub Name||Inland hub Address (#, Street, Zip code, Country)|
|Coman SA Terminal||Cotonou, Benin Republic|
|Bollore Terminal||Cotonou, Benin Republic|
|Inland Hub Name||Inland hub Address (#, Street, Zip code, Country)||Barge||Rail||Truck|
|Coman SA Terminal||Cotonou, Benin Republic||No||No||Yes|
|Bollore Terminal||Cotonou, Benin Republic||No||No||Yes|
Maxi weight of 32 tonnes per truck
You may also be interested in
Reach the full potential by letting us simplify and connect your supply chain from end to end.
Customs House Brokerage
To ship your cargo seamlessly across the world to your customers, it’s important that you’re well-versed with customs procedures, practices and formalities.
Warehousing and Distribution
Our strategic warehousing locations combined with best in class design tools, processes and systems ensure cost-efficient distribution solutions.
Supply Chain Management
From managing the complex flow of your products, information, and financials to reducing logistics costs, your daily supply chain operations are our responsibility.