Shipping to Bangladesh
Demurrage and Detention
Cluster : IBC
Country : Bangladesh
Direction : Import
Effective Date : 15/10/2019
Expiry Date : Until further notice
Free time : Calendar daybasis
Currency : USD
Invoiced : Per container, per day, as per container type
Applicable Product Setup
Mention triggers for calculation as per standard triggers and associated parameter if any
|Type||DRY||Flat & Open top||REEF||IMO|
Tariff after free time: DRY (Location Chittagong)
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’ DRY||40’hc||45’ DRY|
|5th to 7th Days||12||20||23||25|
|8th to 10th Days||20||40||46||50|
|11th Day and Above||40||80||88||100|
Tariff after free time: DRY (Location Dhaka and Pangoan)
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’ DRY||40’hc|
|5th to 7th Days||15||18||21|
|8th to 10th Days||30||36||42|
|11th Day and Above||50||72||84|
Tariff after free time: REEFER (Location Chittagong and Pangoan)
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’ / 40’hc||45’ DRY||Flat & Open top||20’ REEF||40’ REEF||40’ High REEF|
|3rd to 4th Days||22||42||42|
|5th to 6th Days||33||63||64|
|7th Day and Above||55||126||126|
Tariff after free time: SPECIAL CARGO
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’ / 40’hc||45’ DRY||20’ Flat & Open top||40’/40HCFlat & Open top|
|5th to 7th Days||18||36|
|8th to 10th Days||36||72|
|11th Day and Above||72||144|
- Adjust tariff tables as per your tariff setup
- Insert any special note or exception for tariff locations below the respective tariff table if there is any.
- Send text rules change request to update and publish the revised tariff to
GSCNNPTRF@maersk.com & GLBGSCSUR@maersk.com
with Subject line ‘DnD PRODUCT STANDARDISATION – Country name’
Please refer to “DnD Standardisation Implementation Guidelines” for details.
Advance Import Manifestation
Import General Manifest– Scope World to Bangladesh
We would like to inform you that Bangladesh Government has initiated to amend the Customs Act 1969 in order to align with World Trade Organization’s (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) guidelines regards to ease of doing business and to facilitate the import documentation.
As per the new regulation, all the shipping lines will have to submit the Import General Manifest (IGM) 24 hours prior to the vessel sailing from the last port before calling any Bangladeshi Port, effective from 1st of July 2019.
We solicit all of your cooperation to complete all necessary documentation in time for your all shipments destined to Bangladesh enabling Maersk to comply with this new local regulation.
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing working with you in the future.
Service Point : Restriction
Chittagong (BDCGP): SD delivery
Dhaka (BDDAC) : CFS and SD delivery
Pangaon (BDSAA): CFS and SD delivery
**Reefer container not acceptable for Dhaka & Pangaon delivery location. Also in Chittagong port reefer containers delivery mode only allows as CY.
- One/more container(s) tied up with one BL must be CY delivery (Exceptional only if consignee/notify party under forwarder agent).
- One/more container(s) tied up with more than one BL must be CFS delivery (Exceptional only if consignee/notify party under forwarder agent).
- There is no SD delivery location in Bangladesh.
- BDCGP accepts both CY and CFS delivery. And BDDAC accepts CY delivery only.
Imports on freight collect basis are not accepted. All charges should be settled by freight payer.
Dangerous and hazardous firearms and ammunitions including sport guns and air pistols, any explosive items, police tear gas canisters, currency and currency paper, non-judicial stamps, security printing paper and ink, banknote paper, cheque printing paper, passports, any army items, Cars Knocked Down (CKD) goods, cement, fertilizer, rapeseeds, loose scrap, C.I. sheets, G.P. sheets, B.P. sheets, tin plates or similar type of iron material, alcohol and alcoholic beverage - are accepted subject to prior approval from Import Customer Service Manager. ‘IMO in Reefer Container' is not acceptable.
Fish Meal/Fish Feed:
No acceptance unless approved by BANCSIMNG, we can only accept the booking after getting the confirmation from the shipper/consignee that below documents must be submitted at ours/destination prior 72 hours of vessel arriving.
01. Analysis Certificate ("The goods are free from Chloramphenicol and Nitro-furan", must have written on the report of analysis.)
02. Radiation Certificate
03. Veterinary Certificate
04. Fumigation Certificate
06. Packing List
Below commodities are not accepted:
As a general policy Maersk Bangladesh does not accept IMO Class 1 and 7 for import. Must contact Import Customer Service Team prior accepting any kind of IMCO booking for Chittagong port discharge also ‘IMCO CARGO’ in Reefer container is not acceptable. But please follow below guideline of IMO cargo acceptance:
IMO: Any kind of RED PHOSPHORUS, PEROXIDE, GAS or LIQUID GAS, CHILLER, FIRE EXTINGUISHER, CALCIUM CARBIDE, NITRATE, NITROCELLOUS, PROPANE & SULPHUR under IMCO: 4.1, 5.2, 2.2, 2.1, 4.3, 5.1, 5.2, 6.1 not accepted booking for Chittagong port discharge & delivery. Also don’t accept SODIUM SALT which is prohibited item as per country rules.
List of restricted commodities to Bangladesh
Non Licensed Forwarders:
Bookings cannot be accepted for non-licensed freight forwarders in Bangladesh (consignee or notify).
Please click here for the licensed forwarders updated by the Bangladesh Customs. Any forwarder who is not in the list will be treated as "non-licensed".
1. Shippers’ Details: B/L body must contain valid shippers’ name with address in the respective fields.
- In case of a bank consigned B/L, a Bangladeshi bank name and address with valid BIN/VAT in respective field must be inserted in respective BL field.
- If consignee as direct customer and no bank involved, B/L must contain Bangladeshi consignee/importer name and address with valid BIN/VAT in respective field.
- If consignee as local freight forwarder, B/L must contain Government approved freight forwarder name and address with valid AIN number. AIN number should contain 9digit. (Please find Government approved Forwarder list using the following link https://customs.gov.bd/content.jsf )
- Foreign party/bank name or address is NOT allowable as consignee.
- Only “TO ORDER” or “TO THE ORDER OF SHIPPER” is NOT allowable as consignee
- Consignee as direct customer/importer but notify party as local freight forwarder agent is NOT allowed.
- BIN/VAT number should contain 11digit. BIN/VAT starts with “0”or alpha numeric is not allowed.
- If notify as direct customer, B/L must contain Bangladeshi notify party/importer name and address with valid BIN/VAT in respective field.
- If notify as local freight forwarder, B/L must contain Government approved freight forwarder name and address with valid AIN number. AIN number should contain 09 digit. (Please find Government approved Forwarder list using the following link http://customs.gov.bd/content.jsf)
- Foreign notify or address is NOT allowable as notify party.
- 1st notify party as local bank is NOT allowed.
- Notify party as “SAME AS CONSIGNEE” is NOT allowed. Must be mentioned consignee details in notify field.
- Notify as direct customer/importer but consignee as local freight forwarder agent is NOT allowed.
- BIN/VAT number should contain 11digit. BIN/VAT starts with “0”or alpha numeric is not allowed.
4. Cargo description: For smooth and faster documentation, B/L must be updated with accurate and actual commodity/cargo descriptions with HS CODE. If commodity falls under any kind of chemical or raw materials, in cargo description body of B/L, it should be clearly mentioned the technical name of chemical or raw materials. Bangladesh Customs and Port authority will not allow discharging any cargo with incomplete or unclear commodity name/description.
5. Dangerous cargo Documentation: IMO Classification, UN Number and Technical Name of the HAZ cargo must be mentioned on the BL cargo description body. Consignee must have submitted HAZ cargo related documents at Maersk Bangladesh Chittagong office prior 72 hours arrival of feeder vessel.
6. Kind of Package: It is mandatory to mention valid & standard kind of package type in the B/L body.
7. Cargo Gross Weight:
Cargo gross weight must be mentioned accurately in B/L which MUST be matched with the packing list and physical stuffing. Any incompliance of such will be treated as violation of Customs licensing rules and regulation
8. Volume per Cubic Meter (CBM): CBM must be mentioned accurately in B/L which MUST be matched with the packing list and physical stuffing. Any incompliance of such will be treated as violation of Customs licensing rules and regulation.
9. Seal Number: B/L must be issued with valid/physical container seal number. Repeated seal number will not be allowable.
Off Docks / Depot Delivery:
As per NBR (National Board of Revenue) and CPA (Chittagong Port Authority) circular, consignee should take delivery of 29 selected commodities from private off dock. Maersk Operations Team will select off dock. In case any preference on off dock by the consignee, Maersk Import Customer Service Team should be notified prior 7 days of submitting import customs manifest.
|RAW COTTON||MUSTARD SEEDS||CARBON BLACK|
|METAL SCRAP||WASTE PAPER||MARBLE CHIPS|
|WHEAT||CHICK PEAS||BALL CLAY (BULK)|
|RICE||ANIMAL FEEDS||ONION (DRY CONTAINER)|
|LENTILS||HARD COKE||GINGER (DRY CONTAINER)|
|GARLIC (DRY CONTAINER)||FERTILIZER||SODA ASH|
|PVC RESIN||STAPLE FIBER||DATES|
|CONTAINERIZED SQUARE / ROUND LOG||SUGAR||BITUMEN|
|EMPTY BEVERAGE CAN||MARBLE STONE||SODIUM SULFATE|
|WOOD PULP||GLOBAL SALT|
Weight / Measurement:
Weight limitation is maximum Gross Weight (cargo weight plus tare weight) of 24,000 kgs and 30,400 kgs for 20' and 40'/45' containers respectively.
Reefer, OOG cargo and 45' containers are not accepted to Dhaka. Dangerous cargo can be imported in 20', 40' and 40'hc dry containers only. Reefer cargo is not accepted for CFS delivery.
1. Goods fully exempted from customs duty.
2. Goods imported by a government, semi-government, sector corporation or autonomous organization (import of raw materials or intermediate goods for commercial manufacturing or production are included in the PSI program)
3. Import consignment is of a value equal to or less than US$ 5000 (whether imported against L/C or not)
4. Perishable goods including fresh fruits, live animals, living plants, fish and meat.
5. Goods for export oriented industries imported under bonded warehouse facilities.
6. Goods imported as relief under authority of the govt.
7. Goods imported by privileged persons as per entitlements laid out by the government.
8. Goods imported by a diplomat or under the coverage of a diplomatic facility as per the Vienna convention.
9. 1961 duly certified by the ministry of foreign affairs of the people’s republic of Bangladesh.
10. Machinery and equipment imported for the rehabilitation of deaf, dumb, blind and physically and mentally handicapped persons.
11. Defence stores as described in the NBR memo no 9(41)nbr/cus-iv/72/246 dated 10 April 1981.
12. Goods imported under non tourist baggage rules, 1999.