We have a Vision larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain.
We count on our people to make it happen. We have a Purpose of magnitude: improving life for all by integrating the world. Our colleagues around the world wake up to embrace this Purpose every day.
As a Transport Coordinator you will have a chance to steer the transport process in the right direction, you will be able to shape delivery both towards our clients and carriers, in order of our client success.
Location of the role is Stoke-on-Trent.
• To co-ordinate all multi-mode transport operations (Road/Air/Ocean) and ensure relevant legislation is adhered to.
• Support the development of processes to execute operational activities and demonstrate control over carriers utilised ensuring service quality.
• Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure that we provide the Customer with a best-in-class supply chain solutions through the use of mutually agreed carrier.
• Ensure timely and accurate resolution of customer queries, ensuring that relevant system integrity is always maintained.
• Act as a first point of contact for Customer, Carrier and Supplier queries - communicating via telephone and email.
• Working in accordance with relevant SOP's the role will support the delivery of key contract KPI's (e.g. milestone performance and OTD).
• To support the effective and efficient execution of the Transport plan across the UK and EU supplier network
• Effectively track and manage Domestic & International collection and deliveries.
• To provide a key contact for all stakeholders - customer, supplier, service provider, operations & finance teams to ensure the operation runs effectively and to plan.
• Ensure that all aspects of the business operate within defined corporate and legislative requirement
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with the customer and carriers to ensure all targets are me
• Provide out of hours cover (as required)
• Accurate execution of day to day operational activities in an effective manner meeting required timeline
• Operational support in achievement of contractual cost down targets
• System driven management of timely and accurate provision of transport milestones
• Negotiation and recording of spot quotations to support non contracted routings, accurate cost input and timely resolution of FBA queries
• Support project activities as and when required
• Operational processing of transport insurance claims
• Timely and complete investigation and closure of all customer queries
What we are looking for:
• Experience of working within a control tower environment (in LLP operations in Supply Chain division) and/or multi modal transport operations (Road, Air & Sea)
• Comfortable working across multiple systems.
• A good degree of computer literacy, with a comprehensive working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Excellent communication skills (at all levels) – good listener and effective in communicating ideas to support the development of good Customer relationships
• Ability to demonstrate logical thinking
• Strong and effective organising, planning and process work methods
• International freight experience desirable