Senior SAP Basis Engineer
Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organization. As an SAP Technical Engineer-Basis Operations whilst working with the new age SAP Platform you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as take part in the transformation of the transport and logistics industry.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
Who we are looking for
• Experience in running and operations of complex SAPP ECC, SAP S/4 and SAP HANA systems
• An experienced problem solver in performing root cause analysis across SAP systems
• Solve complex business problems in the areas of finance, operations, human capital, customer, and governance, risk and compliance whilst using SAP technologies primarily.
• Understanding of the processes and procedures required to operate and maintain SAP services and systems
• Prior experience in the build, test deploy SAP solutions in on-premises and cloud framework
• Has operations experience in more than 2-3 Large Scale SAP Deployments
• Excellent communication skills as the job requires a high degree of verbal and written communication
• Be highly motivated, hardworking and possess good time management and communication skills
• Knowledge and experience of delivering projects in an Agile framework
• SAP Certifications in their specialization area
Your Core Basis Skills Include:
• Must have experience in Cloud Hosted SAP systems e.g. on Azure / GCP etc
• Strong Technical knowledge and experience in all aspects of SAP BASIS/ NetWeaver 7.x on HANA and/or any other DB
• Solid experience in terms of problem solving and performance troubleshooting with strong analytical background
• Enterprise-wide business applications with a deep technological application infrastructure awareness. Experience in crafting domain-specific IT strategy, planning and execution across Technology stack for SAP S4/HANA, SAP Enterprise Core Component (ECC), Business Intelligence (BI), SAP HANA, SLD, Process Orchestration (PO), Web Dispatcher, Solution Manager and SAP Cloud Platform products like Analytics Cloud.
• Must be capable of SAP HANA and/or Oracle Database, with depth of knowledge in Back & Recovery, High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
• Experience with installations, system copy, support packages, enhancement packages, installations and upgrades of SAP Products primarily in S4HANA / ECC / BW / B4HANA
• Very Good working knowledge of Database System (i.e SAP HANA and/or Oracle)
• SAP BASIS tasks such as Client Strategy, Capacity Planning (Sizing), High-Availability & Disaster Recovery setup, Backup & Recovery Strategy, Storage systems, SAP Upgrades, OS/DB Migration, Solutions, and Basis Administration.
• Good Working Knowledge of Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix)
• Some Development experience ABAP would be advantageous
• An understanding of Single-Sign-On, SAML, Token authentication
• Knowledge of setting up Solution Manager frameworks e.g Monitoring , Focus Build , Focus Insight , Data Volume Management (inclusive of Archiving and Ageing), Workcenter Dashboards