Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (TSE TPM) – L4
Maersk is achieving an unprecedented transformation in the growth of our business, rethinking the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world’s trade flows across our global network. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing solutions in-house that meet customer needs across the whole Supply Chain E2E. Joining Maersk you will join a global leader in Container Logistics as we embark on an industry-defining digital transformation that will revolutionize trade.
The Technology Services and Engineering (TSE) organization within Maersk Technology is responsible for the modernization and transformation of Maersk’s technical Infrastructure. If you are passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment supporting an ambitious, culturally diverse team of 3000 People within Maersk Technology – on an exciting and ambitious transformation journey – then apply today!
The Senior Technical Project Manager is responsible for ensuring our technical infrastructure projects are delivered on time and in the most efficient manner possible. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary technical projects using your engineering expertise. You will plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs with engineers. Using your extensive technical and project management expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
With all of Maersk’s employees using TSE’s products and services on a day-to-day basis, this job will have a high degree of impact across our entire organization. If you enjoy driving change and bringing order to complex projects that have a high impact of the everyday life of a Maersk employee, this is the role for you.
- Manage complex infrastructure technology projects, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, and successful on-time delivery.
- Lead strategic planning for a project portfolio including direct influence over resourcing decisions, planning cadence, and planning stakeholders
- Drive measurable project performance gains correlated to execution velocity. Establish governance over prioritization decisions to ensure alignment with key performance indicators.
- Bachelor's degree or above in a relevant field (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field), or equivalent practical experience.
- 6-8 years of technical program management experience (ideally in technology infrastructure).
- Deep understanding of scrum and agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with making and justifying decisions in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in managing multi-team, multi-disciplinary, multi-country, and/or timezone projects.
- Ability to use data to create impactful business cases/presentations.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally and influence without authority across a diverse set of stakeholders (leadership, engineering teams, product owners, etc).
- Ability to manage multiple requests, and work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and deliver solutions in an always-changing environment, work through ambiguity, get detailed solutions, identify a path forward, and lead initiatives over the finish-line.
- Excellent technical, analytical, cross-functional collaboration skills, and communication skills.
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast-moving environment.
- Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous problems and situations.
- Motivated by goal achievement and continuous improvement, with the enthusiasm and drive to motivate your team and the wider organization
Please send us your application no later than 2nd April. Interviews will be held on a continuous basis.