Senior Cloud Engineer - Cloud Governance
Senior Cloud Engineer - Cloud Governance
Location: Flexible across UK or Copenhagen
Maersk is achieving an unprecedented transformation in the growth of our business, rethinking the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world’s trade flows across our global network.
From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing solutions in-house that meet customer needs across the whole Supply Chain E2E. Joining Maersk you will join a global leader in Container Logistics as we embark on an industry-defining digital transformation that will revolutionize trade.
The role of a Senior Cloud Engineer -
You’ll play a vital part in our success, helping us re-think what technology can do by using the latest technologies, and building the experience to advance your career.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class cloud engineering capability for the products and platforms at Maersk. Our Cloud Engineers act as a trusted advisor with hands-on keyboard execution, helping the products team succeed by ensuring guardrails, governance, and security standards are adhered to.
Cloud Engineers bring the necessary expertise on how to engineer for non-functional requirements (NFR) and infrastructure that makes the right way to deliver products the easy way. Cloud engineers are specialized in the public cloud infrastructure and excel at providing modern solutions that follow the overall hosting strategy for cloud.
If you are passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment supporting an ambitious, culturally diverse team of 3000 People within Maersk Technology – on a great transformation journey – then apply today!
Areas of responsibility -
- Advise product teams on the use and selection of cloud technologies and co-create proof of concepts or product compliance tools
- Support new ways of working like agile development, DevOps practices
- Cross-vertical support and alignment on operational support best practices patterns
- Assist development teams moving into our cloud operating model
- Design, develop, and operate automation processes in both the FinOps and Cloud governance areas
- Onboard new products into a multiple cloud environment
- Manage governance/FinOps cross cloud policies
- Design, implement, and manage the governance process of cross cloud access management
- Manage collaboration between the Cloud governance and FinOps team with the business platforms as well as IT Financial team
- Monitor cloud consumption at the account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes
- Analyse, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools, data lake, CMDB, and other asset inventories as applicable
- Collaborate with Cost Optimization Engineers to track resource utilization to define and execute relevant cloud commitment plans and to define strategies to re-purpose freed up capacity
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the multi cloud landscape
- Evaluate and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions
- Participate in automating, integrating, and maturing the Cloud FinOps processes and data
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services experience
- SCRUM/Agile development
- DevOps practices
- Solid experience in PowerShell or Golang
- Broad infrastructure knowledge around network, storage, security
- Experience in cloud security
- Code re-use and documentation
- Multi-cloud service models
- GitHub actions experience
- General understanding about database technologies
- General understanding about Kubernetes, AKS, GKE
- Motivated, self-driven, easy-going, and conscientious
- Responsible, honest, empathetic
- Able to identify technical problems, debug and solve them
- Can convert user needs into development requirements
About Maersk –
Having substantial operations in over 130 countries, we work across continents, across cultures and with individuals from all walks of life. This drives our ambition, to create equitable and inclusive workplaces where every individual can have a sense of belonging.
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, parental or caring status, religion or belief, physical or mental disability, long term health condition, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
We actively work to address systemic bias and support representation. We therefore encourage all to apply and let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for your recruitment process. Learn more at: https://www.maersk.com/careers/diversity-equity-and-inclusion