A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customers’ supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 86,000 people.
With the simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement, and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world.
An opportunity to work for the world´s shipping leader, in a dynamic, global industry, in a role with a diversified scope. You will never be bored but still, have time to work on individual projects and develop.
* Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a multinational company.
* Working with the best people in a global team culture that has a significant impact on the world economy
• Drive performance management related to Selling, General and Administrative Expenses (SG&A) costs for all entities in the area/country.
• Support in building the Budget of SGA costs for the Area.
• Analyze the Area’s SG&A cost development, and variance analysis and provide recommendations to management
• Ad-hoc performance information support towards Area management and Region related to SG&A Costs
• Work closely with the HR department to ensure accurate headcount reporting
Accounting and Reporting (ATR)
• Support the Accounting Manager to ensure completeness and accuracy of the books related to all SG&A costs.
• Collaborate with the ATR and CNB (Cash and Bank) teams in our Global Service Centre (GSC) to meet all local requirements.
• Close coordination with the Shared Services team (GSC) during monthly book close.
• Proactively ensures no gap - ensuring coordination between GSC, internal teams (such as HR, Region Tax, etc.), and 3rd parties (such as pay-roll provider, Auditors, Tax provider, etc.)
• Ensure proper support is given to improvement initiatives and controls and projects
• Closely work with our GSC teams and act as an escalation contact in Area for resolving queries on vendors.
• Work closely with all process streams/stakeholders to achieve the KPIs related to accounts payable.
We are looking for
• Finance/Accounting degree or equivalent qualification preferred
• Working knowledge and experience with SAP is a plus
• Knowledge of IFRS standards and experience with Tax and statutory audits
• Strong analytical skills Detail orientated and ability to work with a large amount of data
• Used to working in a fast-paced matrix environment and working efficiently under pressure
• Good stakeholder management, teamwork, and continuous improvement mindset
• Self-motivated, well-organized, and capable of working towards agreed objectives independently without excessive supervision
• Hands-on and pragmatic approach required.
• Ability to represent finance & provide partnering solutions to colleagues
• Proactive and positive attitude, with enthusiasm to drive operational results