Regional Category Manager Europe and Hubs
A.P. Moller – Maersk Procurement is looking for a new Regional Category Manager for our Asset Category Management Team!
Are you motivated to make a difference to global supply chain and in the process to yourself? Are you eager to contribute to green projects and initiatives in traditional economy? Are you someone who embraces a volatile and ambiguous environment? If so, we, the Asset Category Management (ACM) team, would be the right match for you.
The ACM team is part of the global APM Terminals Procurement Organization and is responsible for end-to-end business engagement between APM Terminals and our strategic suppliers within the areas of Civil Infrastructure, Decarbonization, Equipment, Automation and Asset Lifecycle Management. We work cross-functionally to build long term supplier relationships and Alliances that aligns with APM Terminal’s strategic business objectives. We address the current and the upcoming challenges in the industry such as Industry 4.0, decarbonization and circular economy through structured category management processes and by bringing the market learnings back into APM Terminals.
The Regional Category Management Team is part of the ACM team and is responsible for Asset Lifecycle Management categories, owning strategic supplier relationships and driving/supporting global initiatives within the area of Decarbonization, Automation and Supplier Alliances.
What you will be doing
As part of the Regional Category Management Team, you will be responsible for strategic regional category management through relevant, impactful, innovative category strategies aligned to business requirements and an in-depth understanding of market dynamics and potential business impact.
The focus of the team will be,
- To centralize and proactively manage the demand on regional level to effectively manage pipeline
- Setting up a standardized process and ways of working
- Strategic regional supplier partnerships and supplier innovation to address technical and sustainability business challenges/opportunities.
The role will further be responsible for Sourcing & Contracting of routine and tactical contracts, Project Procurement management and Purchasing management in the region.
Categories in scope (but not limited to), structural repairs, key components upgrade/replacement, equipment overhaul, outsourced maintenance & repairs, and spare parts etc. on regional level (in close collaboration with global and local teams)
Our employees represent a wide range of educational and cultural backgrounds, work experience and nationalities. You should be capable of thriving in a fast paced, rapidly changing, and dynamic environment. You must display a true team player attitude with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. We would like you to have,
- + 5 years’ experience in procurement
- Strategic mindset, holistic picture, proactiveness and willingness to challenge status quo
- Ability to work with ambiguity and navigate through regional cross-functional and cross-geographical complexities, with strong result orientation
- You are a highly result-driven and solution-focused individual with the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Ability to balance both short- and long-term orientation for the business
- Good knowledge of regional business challenges and supplier landscape
- Basic knowledge of terminal asset and operations
- High-level understanding of Asset Lifecycle Management categories and challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Solid analytical and presentation skills
- Supply-chain and ERP system know-how
- Good legal and contracting knowledge
About Maersk Procurement
Maersk Procurement is a corporate function within the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group working with a variety of global sourcing projects, management of large strategic categories and logistics across the entire Group.
Maersk Procurement is a people focused organization which places high emphasis on training, coaching, and learning thereby ensuring future career paths and personal development opportunities.