Platform Analytics Specialist
Ready for an adventure in Fourth Industrial Revolution as you take on the next step in your career? If making a big impact across a truly global company excites you, come join Maersk, an industry leader in global trade, as it rapidly digitizes and expands its offerings at sea and ashore. This is your chance to support the development of products that will differentiate our business and delight our customers at an incredible scale!
Maersk is looking for a Platform Analytics Specialist in Business Platforms Analytics Team within Infrastructure Platforms Portfolio Department. The scope includes working across platforms covering Fleet Management & Technology, Energy Transition and Procurements.
You will work closely with our stakeholders and business partners to efficiently define & manage product performance for customer centricity and business outcomes. You will prioritize analytical focus, explore, aggregate & visualize large data sources from IOT devices and customer & supplier transactions and surface actionable opportunities & insights to enable our product & business teams to offer industry leading capabilities and deliver on customer promise. You will work with platform product owners to define user stories and prioritize backlog within our scrum team, while working with a cross functional group of business, tech & data stakeholders.
In Maersk we are on a journey to become the Global Integrator of container logistics - connecting and simplifying our customers' supply chain. You will join a truly ground-breaking journey striving to strengthen the focus to become a truly customer-centric company, serving our customers' individual needs.
You will be part of the Business Platforms Portfolio team of the Maersk Infrastructure organization. This team is a young, dynamic, and global organization of product owners and analytics specialists. You will be accountable to provide actionable opportunities & insights across a suite of innovative products, both recently launched and in the development phase, which will revolutionize global logistics.
• We operate in a fast pace environment and always strive for excellence in everything we do and always aim at improving the integration offering for our customers.
• We are a truly global team with colleagues having many different backgrounds and from many different cultures.
• We are operating in a flexible working environment allowing for people to manage their own time and efforts.
• We offer a role in a growth area where you will be part of shaping the scope designing the future of Maersk logistics products and services, at sea and on land.
• We offer an international role where we value time for personal development and training.
At Maersk, we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress
We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
- Identify actionable opportunities & insights to enable our product & business teams to offer & refine industry leading products, deliver on customer promise and drive strategic initiatives.
- Design, test, evaluate & monitor Key Performance Indicators for our products that are easy to understand, decision oriented, and provide the appropriate level of drill down and summary to meet the needs of customers on the front lines of our business through C-suite and Board level.
- Explore, interpret, manipulate & visualize information from large data sources from IOT devices and customer & supplier transactions.
- Collaborate with platform owners and data development teams to ensure performance monitoring is built to a high quality, efficiency, granularity, coverage and accuracy.
- Establishing appropriate demand prioritization mechanisms to manage analytics agenda and serving as an escalation point for data integrity issues.
- Establish Benefit estimation methodology for product development across Platform products
- Proactively provide inputs for availability of new data sources and design of data infrastructure needs for analytical & product development purposes.
- Sharing complex ideas, issues, and recommendations in presentation and written form to gain agreement from stakeholders at different levels and with different backgrounds.
We are looking for
CRITICAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Necessary to perform the requirements of the position:
- Education: Bachelor's degree; Degree in Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Computer science or related field preferred.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in Analytics & Data Science to identify business opportunities, predict customer behaviours and performing statistical analysis
- 3-5+ years’ experience in Data visualization, Performance monitoring and operating in Cloud data infrastructure (Azure preferred)
- Experience of SQL programming, or similar data mining languages (e.g., SAS, R, Python, PySpark)
- Ownership: Experience of leading end to end strategic projects from scoping of business problem, potential options for analytical solutions, implementation feasibility and performance monitoring.
- Accountability: Ability to operate independently, maintaining standards that lead to high performance and execution
- Agility: Ability to improve and make important changes rapidly
- Collaboration: Ability to influence and manage expectations when working together across organizational and geographic boundaries.