Are you an experienced Operations Manager within Warehousing and Logistics?
Can you demonstrate experience managing operational activities in a fast paced environment?
Do you want a new challenge with an organisation that truly values its people?
As Operations Manager you will be a key member of the site management team with responsibility for all operational activities within the warehouse, having key influence and responsibility on the site financial, and health and safety performance whilst ensuring strong customer satisfaction and communication.
In addition to the main duties and responsibilities listed below the Operations Manager will be expected to perform other duties appropriate with their skills and abilities.
- You will hold the responsibility of ensuring a safe working environment on the site. You will ensure team compliance in all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, making sure Maersk safety procedures and legislation are met
- You will set, meet, and exceed KPI’s in safety, quality, and productivity alongside actively seeking ways of improving efficiency, performance and reducing costs throughout the operation
- You will lead, manage, coach, and develop the team to ensure productivity and performance targets are met while safety and quality is consistently high
- You will have an interest and passion for continuous improvement, working with stakeholders across the site and business to identify and implement improvements that contribute to the success of the site.
- You will develop and maintain a working relationship with the customer and their associates ensuring that agreed quality and performance standards are always achieved.
- You will contribute to the setting and adherence to agreed budget levels and site financial performance.
- You will ensure effective resource planning and management to meet customer and business requirements.
- You will be responsible for all inbound, outbound and internal stock movements, resolving any discrepancies or issues that arise.
- You will work with key stakeholders to ensure all compliance surrounding movement of goods is adhered to daily, weekly, and monthly.
- You will be a strong leader who can develop their team through implementation of succession plans and ensure ongoing people development.
- You will have a sound understanding of dealing with employment issues including staff absenteeism, disciplinaries and grievances.
- You will have a desire to continuously learn and develop your own knowledge and skill set.
- Experience of managing a warehouse operation
- Strong understanding of supply chain and logistics processes
- Extensive experience in delivering Health, Safety and Environmental standards
- Experience in managing and developing a team
- Experience in KPI & budgetary responsibility
- Excellent verbal, numerical and written communication skills
- Computer literate including Warehouse Management System experience
- Experience in a customer facing role with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to build partnership and collaborative working with colleagues, external agencies and third parties
- Knowledge and experience of a bonded warehouse and customs understanding
- IOSH/NEBOSH Qualification
- International Transport Manager CPC Qualification