Head of SCD WCA
Regional Head of Supply Chain Development, West Central Asia
Maersk is looking for a commercial leader to join our team as Head of Supply Chain Development for the West Central Asia (WCA) region. The WCA Head of Supply Chain Development is part of Maersk’s Global Supply Chain Development (SCD) function within Maersk Sales & Marketing. The roles is part of the SCD Leadership Team and reports into the Global Head of SCD.
The ideal candidate will manage and develop the WCA Regional Supply Chain Development (SCD) team, which will lead solution sales for Maersk’s Key Clients, by deploying consultative selling skills to identify opportunities and building compelling tailored value propositions.
The role will also contribute to the continued improvement and innovation in the Supply Chain Development team and the larger commercial organization and thereby be recognized globally as a thought leader.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team, you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create, and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings.
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
• Lead the regional WCA Supply Chain Development team to identify, develop and win logistics solutions with Maersk’s top 200 customers using a consultative sales approach.
• Enable regional WCA SCD team to manage their role as member of Key Client account teams in WCA
• Engage Internal and external (customer) stakeholders to enable wins in key commercial opportunities
• Manage an effective engagement model with other internal stakeholders (regional and area leadership, sales, products, customer experience) in the WCA region
• Enable development of team capabilities, toolkits and culture to setup a scalable model for the future
• Build a team culture of Thought Leadership, Collaboration & Best practice sharing in own team and Global SCD team
• Support Global Head of SCD in key priority tasks concerning SCD team
Who we are looking for
• At least 10 years of experience in commercial related roles, and 3 years as a team leader
• Logistics and Supply chain expertise including knowledge of the WCA logistics market
• M.S. degree in supply chain and logistics
• Customer-centric approach to growing revenues in logistics with target customers
• Ability to run customer workshops to identify customer needs and tailor value propositions
• Strong competencies in strategy formulation, financial acumen, presentation skills, and business case development