General Manager - East Midlands Gateway
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED AT EAST MIDLANDS GATEWAY
Maersk is going through an industry-defining transformation: We want to innovate global trade by simplifying our customer’s supply chains. With simple end-to-end solutions, digital services and seamless customer engagement, we want to enable our customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere. Joining us, you will play a key role in ensuring that we succeed.
Maersk is a Company where diversity and inclusion is a core part of our people strategy. At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job.
No matter your dreams and ambitions, Maersk offers exciting career opportunities in a truly international working environment. You will get ample opportunity to develop your talent and take your career further – and we will support you in your endeavours.
Are you an experienced leader in a fast paced Logistics environment?
Can you lead and develop teams whilst still focusing on the operational goals?
We are looking for a General Manager who will be responsible for a brand new site at East Midlands Gateway and its operational activities. The role will require a strong communicator as customer satisfaction is paramount to the role.
• Develop and maintain a working relationship with the customer ensuring quality and assurance standards are achieved.
• Understand the Customer requirements in order to adopt an approach to exceed customers’ needs and expectations. Whilst staying in regular contact and managing the internal and external relationships.
• Follow and strict budgeting
• Analyse and understand Health & Safety risks and take action to eliminate and reduce risk in accordance to a prioritised plan, ensuring that all legal requirement are met.
• Set realistic and demanding KPI’s actively seeking ways of improving efficiency, performance and reducing costs thought the site
• Ensure compliance throughout the site recording accurate external and internal stock as well as completing required submissions of documentation for the HMRC.
• Creating development and implementation succession plans for the site ensuring people development is regular by following the appraisal process.
You will be passionate about Supply Chain Logistics having gained extensive experience from high-level operational teams within the sector. Experienced in people development, you can successfully demonstrate you have led on projects to commercial performance. You will thrive in an environment where you are given great authority and respond to this with quick decision-making judgement and transparency of communication to all levels of the business.
Experience and skills:
• Extensive operations’ management experience in a similar environment
• Successful in guiding and managing change within a Logistics Supply Chain environment
• Results-oriented with proven experience in using data to make sound judgements and create positive outcomes to performance
• Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new and difficult situations
• Excellent employment law knowledge
• Exceptional inter-personal and project management skills
• Clear and transparent communication style
• Sound decision-making skills and the ability to prioritise effectively