Engineering Director - Service Delivery Network Execution Platform
The role of the Director of Engineering – Network Execution
The Service Delivery Platform Portfolio delivers the solutions that connect our physical assets with digital journeys across our global network and is critical to Maersk’s ability to deliver on our customer promises.
This platform powers the execution activities across our operations around the world for ocean based logistics. It is not enough to move cargo through our network; this platform must enable that as well as optimizing for delivery promises, cost efficiency, terminal productivity and decarbonization initiatives.
This includes everything from terminal planning and integration to automated cargo execution to handling of disruptions. The current focus is on ocean-based logistics but integrator-level, multi-modal solutions are on the horizon. The exception handling capabilities must deliver the ability to handle complex situations resulting from schedule delays, port congestion or closure or any one of many other external factors resulting in disruption to forward flow plans. Real-time feedback loops to network optimization and routing as well as capacity management provide automated prioritization and decisioning as well as dynamic inputs to network design and planning features.
You’ll lead teams building scalable, high performance, resilient cloud-native applications using best-in-class technology and data science methodology. The products in this platform are critical components in multiple key journeys such as network design, contracting, booking, and delivering customer promises.
- Work with product and business partners to develop a strategic roadmap for your platform products. Lead the efforts to translate strategy into a tech-enabled automation roadmap.
- Bring an engineering mindset to achieving business outcomes and objectives.
- Create an organization that embraces innovation, a devSecOps culture, and engineering excellence.
- Hire and develop high quality engineering leaders while strengthening morale and cohesion across the teams.
- Use data to drive decisions and measure results
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As a director, you will demonstrate the following characteristics: -
- You have extensive practical experience gained from working as an engineer, leading development teams and typically answer directly to the senior management of your company.
- You get things done and you are creative, coming up with innovative approaches to technology solutions.
- You are curious and continually learning combined with the ability to make appropriate, timely, data-driven technology decisions.
- You have a proven track record of leadership and communication skills which are crucial in your work.
- You can share expertise and insight with other engineers. You demonstrate a people-centric leadership style that allows you to motivate teams and foster collaboration.
The ideal candidate has experience as a developer as well as in understanding business objectives. They both know how to lead engineers and how to deliver technology solutions, across the software development lifecycle from ideation and design through to production deployment and support. Their tools include, but are not limited to;
- Full stack development including data pipelines, microservices and user interfaces. The ability to guide teams in decisions for datastores (sql, nosql,graph), APIs and orchestration as well as event driven architecture/streaming grounded in domain driven design and composable microservices.
- Product mindset and a passion for usability.
- DevSecOps and leveraging frameworks for identity, security, observability, pipeline automation and cloud deployment resilience.
Maersk is an organization with a global presence. We offer a supportive, inclusive, and truly international atmosphere with main hubs spread around the globe in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, and India. As an equal opportunity employer who values diversity, we’re committed to building a culture where everyone can feel at home. We don't just work across continents, we work across different genders, generations, cultures, sexual orientations, religions, disabilities, and perspectives. Together, we encourage innovation and sharing new ways of thinking.
The environment at Maersk is dynamic with a focus on efficiency, results, and respect for our employees. There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network. As a company, we are committed to growing our people. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your professional & technical skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re excited for you to become part of our team and fully join in the adventure ahead.Engineering Director