Deck Clerk - Pipeline
APM Terminals operates one of the world’s most comprehensive port and integrated inland service networks and continues investing in new business opportunities as well as upgrading current facilities. We will soon kick off significant capital expansion project at our existing operation in Tangier, Morocco. The goal of the project is to both grow the existing container terminal business for APM Terminals TM2 as well as expand the business value and proposition for entire West Med.
This is a pipeline position. You will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team in case your profile matches our opportunities.
- Insure the coordination with the RCC for and load or discharge operation and all the activities of the DSTS.
- Act as person in charge when gondoling
- Liaise with ships duty officer/vessel agent and advise planned “order of work” schedule for the vessel.
- Ensure unplug is done timely for the reefers prior their discharge.
- Ensure all hatch cover locking pins and lashing materials are removed prior to discharging hatch covers.
- Use the RDT to confirm the load position and/or discharge unit while the OCR system is down.
- Ensure the DSTS as well parked in their position while doing DSTS anchoring.
- Check the special lashing is removed and containers are free to be discharged /loaded without any risk
- Supervise the OOG and BB handling and report finding to the Operation Supervisor.
- Personal contact with ships officers. (Unplug, damage reporting.)
- Undertake any other duties within capabilities as directed by management
- Requires a bachelor degree in science.
- Familiar with the computer software
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent visual acuity
- Works well under pressure
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and French as well as fluency in the local language.
- Requires good interpersonal skills