Customs Process Administrator
The Customs Process Administrator (CPA) is responsible within a team to coordinate and organise the full range of customs services, starting with order acceptance, registering the order, collecting all relevant documents until the release of goods and customs clearance.
A CPA will receive extensive internal and external training as well as an online training for customs legislation and foreign trade, as well as daily support.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Ensure timely and accurate completion of all Import & Export declarations and Transit Movements.
· Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all financial activities relevant to CHB.
· Collate and present data reports to Management, Customer, Internal Stakeholders, Compliance and Implementation Teams
· To ensure all Operating Manuals are reviewed regularly and updated where required.
· Ensure that work carried out complies with standard as defined in the operating Manuals.
· To ensure the Quality Assurance Procedures are up to date and clearly reflect current working practices.
· Continuously identify waste in processes, delivering improvements which will positively impact productivity (production) levels.
· Ensuring that all HMRC/statutory requirements are met or exceeded.
· Maintain a first-class business relationship with all customers and internal stakeholders.
· To support all growth initiatives and actively participate in creating innovative solutions.
· To be an active team member who will exchange knowledge and expertise.
· Proactively lead or actively participate in Customs related projects
· To ensure training is completed to allow you to cover all accounts.
· To engender team spirit and staff engagement.
Knowledge/ Skills required
· HM Revenue & Customs knowledge to include classification, reclaims, websites
· Descartes customs systems
· Destin8/CNS Compass
· Other Government systems and applications (Port Health, DEFRA etc)
· Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PPT, Teams, SharePoint
· Strong customer-facing and interaction skills with high-level of customer orientation
· Team engagement and support
· The ability to work under pressure to deadline
· Support and live company values