Continuous Improvement Solutions Manager
Reporting to the Senior Continuous Improvement Manager.
This role is to drive continuous improvement and support performance management in the Area CX & Execution across the assigned business area (Ocean, SCM, 4PL, CCL, or Landside). This includes anchoring and facilitating project prioritization as well as ensuring readiness in support of CX Leaders and their teams.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
- Project coordination and execution and initiatives with various cross-functional, Area, and CX stakeholders.
- Ensure planning and execution of projects through all phases of initiation, planning, execution, and implementation until operational stabilization.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Supports in the mapping of business requirements, and translation of business requirements into operational deployment plans. Support with defining and monitoring project scope, costs, schedule, resources, interdependencies, and risks from time to time while reporting/ managing any deviations (Time, Cost & Resources).
- Facilitates the engagement of stakeholders to define and manage the scope, strategy, requirements, and implementation of projects.
- Co-ordinate with internal departments on project-related deliverables to ensure a multi-party team operates in an efficient and cohesive manner to achieve project success while tracking deliverables and proactively reporting on risks and issues.
- Drives business change across CX, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific functional strategies and objectives.
- Create a prioritization pool based on strategic goals to ensure all projects are delivered on time.
- Deploy and demonstrate the company’s values-based leadership
- Leads and/or supports development and training initiatives to improve individual and team performance across the business and enhance employee core capabilities
- Support with new joiner onboarding methods to measure individual success and quality output. Development of a knowledge-sharing structure.
- Sustain Continuous Improvement deployment and maturity in the area
- Drive process standardization across the area customer experience function
- Collaborate with multiple teams within the area.
- Operate from the perspective to deliver on our Customer Experience vision and optimize our internal processes with an aim to consistently provide a best-in-class customer experience.
- Generate innovation through process improvement initiatives.
- PMP certified preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of +5 years equivalent experience in project management.
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt preferred.
- Experience in CI, preferably in project management or LEAN solutions.
- Strong knowledge of containerized Ocean+ logistics processes
- Proven track record of effectively managing change and leading transformations in a matrix, multicultural organization, through building strong relationships and networks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- A highly structured, analytical extrovert personality with excellent process improvement, project management, and influencing skills.
- Strong customer centricity
- Able to give constructive feedback and challenge where appropriate
- Ability to build solid relationships (internal and external)
- Strong problem-solving and persuasion skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Able to foster teamwork and collaboration
- Committed to quality and driving a service culture
- MS Office tools, Power BI, data analytics, and reporting
- Visible driving force of Maersk Values and winning behaviours
Relocation assistance is not available. Candidates must have work authorization to be able to work in Canada.
Maersk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Maersk in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please contact the applicable Human Resources Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis pursuant to an interactive dialogue between the applicant and the Company.
Pay Transparency Notice: