Client Program Manager- Toronto, Canada
competitive advantage for our clients’ business, whilst driving
additional revenue streams into the Damco organisation.
Service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels (NPS)
- Maintain and improve internal measurement and visibility of operational performance.
- Ensure internal KPIs are aligned with customer agreed KPIs and that there is one data set globally that reflects the customer and internal performance with regard to KPIs and other statistics (volume)
- Be the Account ‘point-of-contact’ and ‘go-to’ person for operational escalations
- Support the development of Global and Regional standards and IOPs
- Ensure all SOP/IOP(s) are adhered to and shortfalls are corrected on priority
- Host and engage in regular customer service calls with overseas branches
- Support the commercial teams with enquiries and expertise into these areas
- Implement and verify implementation of cost reduction projects in the Maersk delivery and support cost reduction projects in the customer supply chain
Productivity and Profitability
- Support establishing a productivity baseline for the account
- Support establishing a profitability baseline for the account on CM2 level
- Review operational processes and validate possibilities of productivity improvement against service delivery level and drive improvements accordingly
- Ensure the account perspective is communicated to the operational community
- Establish procedures that will minimize Maersk exposure to risk associated with compliance, trade controls and HSSE
- Report periodic performance to KAM, CSO heads, Area MDs, Regional Head of Program Management and Regional COOs
- Make expertise and knowledge available to Maersk Operations and drive Operational Excellence through day-to-day execution and participation in inspirational workshops regionally and locally
- Represent the account(s) during additional business implementations along with the implementation team leading the implementation
- Ensure to have a baseline with FTE visibility and team structure
- Set up a plan for on-boarding, training and development (SOP quiz/certification) of the operations team
- Ensure to maintain a Program Management and OPS team leader pipeline & have a succession plan in place
- Be involved in objective setting & performance management of the operational team
- Ensure to manage team also by providing recognition & feedback pro-actively
Collaboration & community development
- Engage with Commercial and Operational experts on Global/Regional/Cluster level to explore new developments servicing the changes in customer demand
- Participate in area / regional Program Management meetings, calls and share best practices pro-actively
- Take ownership of customer-initiated projects and ensure internal resourcing is appropriate to execute within the agreed timeline
We are looking for
- Bachelor Science degree preferably in Business/Logistics/Engineering
- 4+ years relevant experience with a proven track record in operational management
- Understanding and passion for driving Operational Excellence in the business
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and influence decision makers
- Proven and sustained track record of delivery, with focus on driving results through others
- Experience of working with wide variety of complex operational and commercial challenges
- Exposure and understanding of Business Improvement / Lean tools
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Ability to interface with local and regional management teams
- Being a team member supporting the global/regional/country teams proactively
- Ability to build strong effective networks
- Knowledge of risk management with the ability to identify activities
Relocation assistance is not available. Candidates must have work authorization to be able to work in Canada.
Notice to applicants who are applying to positions in Canada
You must be authorized to work for any employer in Canada.
Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.