At Maersk, we are on a revolutionary journey to simplify global trade, which will give us the chance to offer a major impact on the world economy, and on your career. At Maersk we want to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. We count on our diverse people to make it happen.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
What we offer
By joining Maersk, you will become part of an exciting, market leading and vibrant company within international shipping & logistics. Working as part of the finance team as an enthusiastic Chief Accountant, you will become part of a team with ambitious standards and handpicked proficiency.
- Day to day accounting of the Business Unit thereby meeting the Finance Metrics.
- Accurate and timely closure of books of accounts adhering to APMM GAAP in IFS (local books)
- Good understanding of IFRS
- Accurate and timely reporting of HFM/One stream and review thereof.
- Extensive review of all financial reporting to the Business Unit
- Review and submission of Balance Sheet reconciliation on timely manner and follow balance sheet recon framework in blackline tool
- Responsible for ROFO and Target reporting and review the variances
- Statutory reporting for entities
- Ensuring proper controls and governance is in place for day to day accounting carried out by the team
- Working cross-functionally with stakeholders both based in SSC and country to maintain and improve internal controls
- High level engagement with country management teams and strives to add value to meet business objectives.
- Ensure smooth execution of end-to-end process for APMT and act as liaison across the teams within Pune to resolve any issues involving process disruption, process deviation and operational inefficiency
- Ability to interpret financial reports and performance data
- Ability to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Drive change and improvement
- Capable of managing difficult situations
- Strong focus on business goals
- Effective and timely Decision making.
- ‘Raising the alarm’ - no surprises.
- Integrity – of numbers.
Who we are looking for:
- A candidate with a Master's degree / Post Graduate in Accounting & Finance – Bachelor of Commerce.
- Extensive years of experience in Finance and accounting.
- Solid experience in managing a team
- Experience in delivering results through others (both directly report and indirect report)
- Experience in management reporting, financial controlling and analytical work
- Excellent communication skills.
- Awareness to Lean tools would be added advantage.
- Prior experience working in HFM/One stream application
- Proven team management skills
- Language Proficiency in English is required & Spanish would be an advantage (Verbal & Written)
- Computer literate (Windows) & Strong MS Excel skills (v-lookup, Pivots, Complex formulae)
- One stream tool
- SAP, IFS & Oracle based accounting ERP prior experience