Air Export Specialist
relevant documentation and Customer Invoices in the system.
Primary and front-line representation of Air Operations and Services in North America to external customers and internal stakeholders.
Deliver a superior experience to our customers and work proactively in identifying issues and mitigating them. Ensure issues are raised are resolved quickly and proactively and well communicated to our customers and network.
Closely collaborate with other teams within and across the Areas, Region and Global Network. Act as the first point of contact for Operations and Services, actively building strong relationships with customers.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy…
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams
- Customer Relationship: Point of contact for customers and act as an advocate for the customer internally; actively build strong relationships with customers and gain an understanding of their business, service needs, drivers and desires.
- Customer Experience: Proactively serve the customer to achieve best-in-class customer service.
- Process Execution: Ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment by working closely with customer and internal stakeholders.
- Standard Adherence: Adhere to processes in line with the agreed standards, customer specific IOP’s, and respective KPI’s. Ensure all compliance matters are followed.
- Business growth: Identify and execute upselling opportunities; drive value through the network.
- Proactive Communication: Communicate with all stakeholders in a proactive and professional manner in all matters.
- Internal Stakeholder Focus: Interact with Warehouses, Commercial, Product, and Global Service Centres, as required.
- Support Processes of other functional groups as necessary, including Revenue Management, Compliance, Claims, Implementation, and systems testing.
- Complete Any Other Duties as assigned by direct leader as needed to support the business.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in related business area is preferred
- 1-2 years of experience with Airfreight Export (Full process)
- Customer centricity
- Perseverant & action oriented
- Problem solving
- Excellent communicator
- Operational system knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- English language proficiency (written and spoken)
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- CargoWise experience preferred
- Proficient in AES submission
- Proficient in TSA Requirements
- Ability to report to office onsite in Atlanta under a hybrid / flex time mode
Notice to applicants who are applying to positions in the United States
Maersk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value diversity and prohibit the discrimination of any applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity Law
Pay Transparency Notice
All individuals who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test