This position is responsible to monitor the financial activity of the Customs House Brokerage Division. This will encompass processing and monitoring journal entries, timely and accurate account reconciliations, financial statements review, and ensuring financial controls are per company policy. The position also requires proactive communication, and timely and accurate reporting to the Controller to ensure forecasts and actual results are fully reconciled.
· Responsible for financial reporting – preparation and analysis of these reports.
· Ensure Maersk processes and procedures are being adhered to.
· General ledger account reconciliations
· Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries.
· Review with Global Service Centre to reconcile local books to SAP.
· Frequent communication with the Controller and Financial Business Partners, regarding working capital and financial reports.
· Balance Sheet reconciliations performed for monthly closing.
· Reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
· Reconciliation of overseas agent transactions.
· Assist controller with internal and external audit requests.
Required experience & skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· 3-5 years of business experience required
· High-level technical skills in Excel
· Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Notice to applicants who are applying to positions in the United States
Maersk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value diversity and prohibit the discrimination of any applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity Law
Pay Transparency Notice
All individuals who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.