Join Svitzer and become part of an exciting, market leading, and vibrant company within the maritime industry. Working within our Operations Planning team you will be part of an organisation with high standards and handpicked proficiency.
We offer a great career development opportunity within the maritime service industry working for the world’s leading towage provider.
You will be responsible for providing a high standard of operational support in order to deliver efficient services to our customers. You will be key in establishing and maintaining good client relations and manage stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation.
This role will be part of the Operations Planning Team, which is based in our Middlesbrough office, which covers all our UK towage operations. You will work to an agreed rota system to ensure we provide a 24-hour coverage for operations (This will include day and night shifts). Occasional overtime may be required.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Manage bookings and changes for towage operations co-ordinated through the Centre and ensure information is recorded and passed in a timely manner to the relevant employees.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our clients and other organisational stakeholders,
- Accurately enter all necessary data and information into our booking, scheduling and invoicing systems.
- Organise the scheduling and logistics of crew and Tugs in order to ensure the most efficient use of assets to deliver optimum service.
- Work closely with the technical department to ensure that Tugs are available for scheduled maintenance as and when required.
- Prepare and maintain operational plans and identify potential commercial opportunities.
- Liaise with the crewing department to maintain operational availability and ensure compliance with relevant working time legislation.
Required/Preferred/ Desirable Skills
- Knowledge and experience of logistic planning (preferred)
- Ability to process and record information accurately (required)
- Ability to absorb information, prioritise activities and make appropriate decisions (required)
- Confidence in dealing with clients and external agencies (desirable)
- Proficient in IT systems (required)
- Competitive salary package (£28,000 - £30,000)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Career progression/personal development opportunities
- Annual Salary Reviews
Building a Diverse Workplace
In Svitzer we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that members from some under-represented groups are less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every single qualification. At Svitzer we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles, and we are excited about hearing from you!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply Now' button and create a Candidate Home to manage your applications.