Casual Towage Crew - Tug Rating/Deckhand
With more than 180 years of knowledge and experience, Svitzer is a global leader in towage and marine-related services, and we strive every day to make port and terminal operations safer and more efficient. In the Australian region, Svitzer utilises a fleet of over 100 vessels to service ports and terminals across Australia and Papua New Guinea. We are proud of our contribution to the community and are also the largest employer of Australian seafarers.
We welcome suitably qualified and motivated Tug Ratings/Deckhands to register a general expression of interest join our operations across Australia, on a casual basis. Svitzer has opportunities to join our operations nationally in Cairns, Mourilyan, Brisbane, Newcastle, Port Botany, Port Kembla, Melbourne, Port Pirie, Adelaide, Albany, Fremantle, Geraldton. Let us know in your application your preferred location of work.
Please note, due to the nature of casual employment and the potential to be engaged at short notice, we would prefer applications from candidates who reside within two hours of their preferred port of operation. Let us know in your application your preferred location of work.
What You Will Do
Your key responsibilities in this position will include:
· Maintenance of vessels, equipment, firefighting and environmental protection equipment and relevant store-based facilities
· The handling of stores and equipment
· Compliance with policies and procedures authorised by Svitzer and consistent with statutory obligations including quality assurance and ISM procedures
· Participation in operational improvement exercises as required and liaise with Svitzer management regarding the improvement of operational procedures
What You Will Need To Succeed
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
· A minimum General Purpose Hand Certificate of Competency or equivalent
· Statements of attainment in Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) (at least 2 years validity) and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (HLTAID001) (at least 12-months validity)
· A current AMSA Medical and a valid MSIC (or the ability to obtain)
· Experience in the maritime industry (harbour towage experience would be an advantage)
· Proven ability to work as part of an effective team
· Ability to work under pressure, particularly in emergency situations
· Attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritise tasks
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office
Building a Diverse Workplace
In Svitzer we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply Now' button and create a Candidate Home to manage your applications.