Because strong relationships never go out of fashion
We connect Ethiopia and North America better.
Strengthening fashion ties
Ethiopia is the fastest growing supplier to North America, up 100% since October 2018. The country's rise as a sourcing star comes at a time when the fashion industry is choosing to work with fewer supply chain stakeholders due to many considerations – speed to market, lower costs, flexibility, operational efficiency, to name a few. But perhaps mostly importantly, international fashion brands are looking to strengthen relationships with strategic logistics partners.
How we can help
Along with the depth of industry expertise we’ve gathered over years of working with some of the world’s largest sports and apparel brands, we’ve now got the capability to integrate and simplify your supply chain like never before.
Add to that, our ability to provide faster transit times and more frequent departures, and you’ve got a logistics solution that ensures fashion stores and e-commerce channels are stocked with the latest collections. A win-win for both manufacturers and retailers.
There’s a lot to look forward to
For imports of raw materials from Asia to Djibouti, trucking from Djibouti to factories in Ethiopia, and finished goods from Ethiopia to North America, we can simplify your logistics experience through a single point of contact.
Our flexibility enables you to transport goods from multiple suppliers in one container, and to use the same container for imports and exports.
Maersk rail services from Modjo, Ethiopia speed up transit times and ensure that production cycles are met.
Your business is backed by our team of specialists with an extensive knowledge of the fashion industry and its seasonality.
You can now plan and prioritize better with end to end visibility.
Our proven security systems safeguard your merchandise. Should you need a tailor-made system, we can develop that for you too.
With the lowest CO2 shipping emissions in the industry and a dedication to transparently reporting your supply chain’s impact, we can help reduce your carbon footprint.
A facility that can increase your efficiency
The container freight station (CFS) facility inside Modjo Dry Port is located close to key industrial markets and is less than 500 meters from the railhead. The facility is equipped with dedicated loading/unloading and yard spaces along with 5 doors for simultaneous operations. This means that you can easily move your cargo with increased speed and also reduce costs of consolidation. What’s more, it can also be expanded to meet your cargo’s needs.
The benefits of this facility are
- We can consolidate cargo from multiple suppliers to reduce/eliminate the use of expensive, polluting air transportation and simplify your end-to end logistics, allowing you to focus on your business and achieve a less fragmented supply chain
- We maximize the utilization of containers by using a single one to transport cargo belonging to different manufacturers, helping you to ship smaller quantities frequently and economically using these less-than-container loads (LCL)
- There is an increase in speed to market if you are positioned close to key industrial parks such as Hawassa, Bole Lemi, Mekele, and Addis Ababa Centre
- The Maersk CFS Warehouse Manager & team is present on-site to oversee the labor, equipment & MHEs provided by the Ethiopian Shipping Line – Logistics Services (ESL-LS)
- You can get visibility on the cargo from the time it reaches the CFS, allowing you to manage your stock better.
- We will execute supply chain processes based on your needs, strictly adhering to compliant processes like C-TPAT and meeting the highest degree of HSSE standards
Our dedicated team of experts are here for you
Do reach out to us, should you need any assistance with your apparel shipments. We’re only a click away!
Thank you for showing an interest in our supply chain solutions for the apparel industry. Your form has been submitted.
Please refresh the page.