Jacob Andersen Sterling
Head of Decarbonisation Innovation & Business Development.
Not considered independent due to employment in the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group.
Jacob Sterling is leading Maersk’s innovation and business development efforts related to the ambition of achieving net zero CO2 emissions by 2050. Jacob has worked in Maersk since 2009 and prior to his current role, he has been had leading roles within product management and sustainability. Before joining Maersk, Jacob worked as Conservation Director in WWF World Wide Fund for Nature, and he holds a master’s degree in biology.
- Born: 1975
- Joined the Board: 2018
- Current election period: 2020-2022
Other management duties:
- Member of the Board of Directors, Preferred by Nature
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Sustainable Shipping Initiative
- MSc in biology, 2002, University of Copenhagen
- Head of Decarbonisation Innovation & Business Development, A.P. Moller – Maersk A/S. Relevant knowledge within decarbonisation, sustainability, innovation and product management, through employment in Maersk Line since 2009.
Attendance in Board and Committee meetings during 2020:
- Board meetings: 8 out of 8