New CEO of Maersk Line Sets Executive Management Team
Maersk Line has updated its organisation and set a new team of executive managers with a blend of experienced executives and newcomers.
New to the management team - and Maersk Line - is Jakob Stausholm, former Group CFO of the global facility provider ISS. Also new on the team is Vincent Clerc, currently responsible for Maersk Line's Asia - Europe trade, and Bill Allen, Head of Group HR. Lucas Vos continues as member of the executive team, but take on new responsibility.
With immediate effect, the executive management of Maersk Line will consist of CEO Søren Skou, CCO Lucas Vos, COO Morten Engelstoft (continues in current position) Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer Jakob Stausholm, CFO Peter Rønnest Andersen (continues in current position), Chief Product & Yield Officer Vincent Clerc, and acting Head of HR Bill Allen, who is also Head of Group HR.
"The team represents a very strong blend of skills, experience and fresh eyes on the business. It definitely has the potential to take Maersk Line to the next level," says CEO Søren Skou who took over at the helm of Maersk Line on 16 January.
"Recently, Maersk Line has introduced new strong products, improved customer satisfaction and taken out costs. The net result is that Maersk Line today has margins above industry averages. However, we have potential for much more and will continue to improve, not least on profitability, which currently is not satisfactory," says Søren Skou.
"The industry structure also needs to change to become healthier, and Maersk Line has the power and responsibility to play a leading role in this transformation," says Skou.
Jakob Stausholm is the only new member of the executive team who has been recruited from outside the Group. Prior to working as Group CFO for ISS he has held a number of CFO positions around the world for Royal Dutch Shell.
"With Jakob Stausholm we are getting a strategic, analytical and result-oriented person on board who has international experience with managing large, complex processes. He will look at our business as well as the industry with a pair of fresh eyes," says Søren Skou.
Jakob Stausholm says on the appointment that he is looking forward to take on the job in an industry which is new to him "with a great deal of humility but also with great excitement."
New CCO in Maersk Line Lucas Vos is taking over from Hanne B. Sørensen who was recently appointed CEO of Maersk Tankers. Lucas Vos has been chosen due to his strong achievements as Head of People, Processes & Technology and his ability to motivate and inspire a global team as well as his track record in process improvement projects.
Vincent Clerc will become Chief Product & Yield Officer for all Maersk Line trades and products. Vincent has solid experience from managing the Asia – Europe trade, which is the main trade for Maersk Line.
Bill Allen will be joining the management team on an interim basis while a permanent head of HR for the Maersk Liner business is chosen. Bill Allen will focus on working with the management team to strengthen the organisation while reviewing candidates for a permanent head of HR for Maersk Line.
Lars Reno Jakobsen, Head of the now former Network and Product, will become Group Representative in Africa.
As part of the organisational changes, the Group's freight-forwarding and logistics business Damco will no longer report to Søren Skou but to Kim Fejfer, member of the Executive Board and CEO of APM Terminals.
Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer Jakob Stausholm CV
• Age: 43
• Employment history: Most recently worked as Group CFO for global facility provider ISS 2008-2011. Before that, he worked 19 years for Shell in numerous senior finance positions including four CFO assignments in Europe, Latin America and Asia and as Chief Internal Auditor for the group. Jakob has been living and working in The Hague, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, London and Singapore. He is a non-executive member of the board of Statoil ASA, where he chairs the audit committee.
• Education: Master of Economics, leadership programmes at INSEAD and IMD.• Private: Married, 3 children, lives in Skovshoved near Copenhagen, Denmark.
Chief Commercial Officer Lucas Vos CV
• Age: 44
• Employment history: Joined Maersk Lines management board in 2008 and was most recently the overall responsible head of IT, Global Service Centers, Process Excellence, HR and Strategy Execution in Maersk Line. Joined Maersk Line in 2006 as Area Manager of the France, Iberia and Maghreb offices. Has also worked with P&O Nedlloyd and Royal Nedlloyd. Has vast international experience within container logistics.
• Education: Master of Economics.
• Private: Married, lives in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Chief Product & Yield Officer Vincent Clerc CV
• Age: 40
• Employment history: Started in 1997 in the A.P Moller – Maersk Group and has held various positions in financial control and trade management in both North America and Denmark. He has been heading the transpacific service and most recently the Asia-Europe service during which the Daily Maersk product was developed.
• Education: Bachelor degree in Political Science, MBA from Columbia Business School
• Private: Married, 2 children, lives in Klampenborg near Copenhagen, Denmark.